View Single Post
Old 12-22-2007, 04:39 AM   #9

Yoko Kurama
With a shattered heart...

Re: Morality and the human mind--how do we become good or evil?

That was very interesting, Doctor... Very interesting indeed... While I believe that each person holds his own truth, I also believe that somewhere, a line needs to be drawn... No man, or group of men, should be able to decide the fate of an entire religion just on a whim... Coming from my point of view, people of my religion (Wicca), along with the people of other religions, were prosecuted under many circumstances that were bogus... The Salem Witch Trials for example... While people may call Hitler insane for executing the Jews, many did the exact same thing during the Salem Witch Trials... But many view the Witch Trials as fair and just, though it is no different than the Hitler event in which many despise so... The scale on which the execution was committed was much smaller...But, as I said, that is the only difference...

On the point of God, not everyone believes in the same Deities... I, as previously stated, Wiccan... Therefore, I believe in the presence of more than one deity, that is however, a single deity... A Deity that is both male and female, and neither also... So, Reason, if you believe that the Christian God is Truth, then that is perfectly fine... I encourage everyone to express their beliefs... But, no one knows for sure what Deity or Deities exist... I'm not trying to say that everyone is wrong but myself... But I'm saying that it is a possibility that any one religion could hold the "Truth" that exists in the world... But, one cannot know the absolute "Truth" until the afterlife, I suppose... But, until then, I will stand by my beliefs and encourage that everyone stand by their true beliefs as well.

Last edited by Yoko Kurama; 12-22-2007 at 04:56 AM.
Yoko Kurama is offline   Reply With Quote