View Single Post
Old 07-07-2007, 07:11 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
FF VI/VI Advanced bug/Gigantuar explanation.

------------------SPOILERS!!!!! THIS IS YOUR ONLY WARNING!!!!!!------------------------------

Ok, I first heard about this bug yesterday and tried it for the first time tonight. It's called the 'Psycho Cyan' bug. Evidentally there was a version of this same bug in the original game on the SNES...but it was triggered a little differently.

I'm only going to 'spill' how it works in VI Advanced - because I found it (albeit a little cheap) extremely useful-vs-Gigantuar (the new Cactuar Esper you fight in the game!!)

Basically this is the procedure to triggering a psychotic Cyan. ^ ^

Step 1: Kill Cyan. = O!
Step 2: Revive Cyan = )
Step 3: Use Cyan's Lvl 2 Bushido skill: Sky (Previously - Retort)
Step 4: Cast Imp on Cyan
Step 5: OMGosh! WTH?!?! Imp'd Cyan is going nutz! = OOO!

Basically - Cyan won't stop slashing everything on the battle field until they are toast!

But I had a problem... the Gigantuar will use 1000 Needles a total of 9 times once it dies - so unless your party was at full health before the finishing blow (and had a party comprised of characters with a HP total of > 8,000 -OR- your party knows the Reraise spell you'd be KO'ed anyway. Here's an example:

Cyan 2200HP
Edgar 1950HP = Total of 8481HP
Celes 2331HP
Sabin 2000HP

In the above example, if 1000 Needles hit a total of 9x - the only one standing would be the person hit with the 9th attack (since it would take 3 hits x 1000 Dmg to kill Cyan, 2 hits to kill Edgar, 3 hits to kill Celes, and 2 hits to kill Sabin) The combined total of hits needed to KO the party at these levels = 3+2+3+2 = 10!

........BUT - that's at full HP - and the problem with THAT is - this boss counters randomly with Knockdown ~ 5,000 Dmg. On top of that, he's extremely fast (being a cactuar) and for his normal attacks he spams 1000 Needles 2-4 times as well. 0.0!

So unless you are at high levels/are moderately leveled with Reraise magic - you may as well try to complete a CES challenge than fight this guy, right?

RIGHT?!?!

- Using the Psycho Cyan glitch -

I may very well be the first person to think of this (although I doubt it!) I haven't read it anywhere! Just prior to casting Imp on Cyan - have any party member (equiped with the Dragoon Boots) Jump! This way - Cyan goes nuts, slashing the Gigantuar time after time until his 30000 HP are history - he uses his death-counter move - 1000 Needles x9 - and your Dragoon is impervious to the attack - he's in the clouds...STILL Jumping!!! ^__^

Afterwards you pick up your shiny, shiny, shiny (reference to Gau) treasure and walk away - early as heck - with your Cactuar magicite.

Even using this trick I had to reload my saved game 7 or 8 times because Gigantuar is so fast - usually I would raise Cyan only to have him KO'ed again by another spray of 1000 Needles! >__< It's worth it though! Here's what you get from Cactuar:
Name: Cactuar
Summon move: 1,000 Needles ()
Description: Damages all enemies for 1,000 -
or sometimes 9,999Dmg apiece!
MP Cost: 50
Level Up bonus: Speed + 2!!!
Learnable Magics:
Teleport x 20
Vanish X 10
Hastega x 5!

w0000000000t! Speed + 2 and Hastega should be helpful this early-on! I have a party leveled to the late 30's, but it would be possible to do with a party in the 20's (I'd imagine - it just may take several more attempts.) ^_^
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 07-07-2007 at 08:01 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote