View Single Post
Old 12-15-2006, 07:54 AM   #63

ThroneofDravaris
Chocobo Jockey

Re: Same Sex Marrige

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkacia
Actually no, they don't have the same rights as everyone else. Last century, blacks could marry each other, but not whites, and whites could marry each other, but not blacks. Does that mean they weren't discriminated against either? It is exactly the same arguement you are using, except the discrimination then was based on skin colour and not sexual orientation.
I don’t get what you are trying to say. In the above situation, black people still had the same rights as white people. Sure, that law was obviously put in place due to racial animosity but they weren’t being discriminated against in the sense that black people had any less rights as to who they married then white people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkacia
Consenting adults should have equal rights under the law, and not be discriminated against only on the basis of sexual orientation. It may surprise some of you to learn that most homosexuals, both male and female, consider hetrosexual sex just as repulsive as a lot of hetros consider homosexual sex. So no, they don't have a choice to marry someone of the opposite sex. Homosexuals are born, they don't choose and can't just flick a switch and magically become hetro, contrary to populour belief. Bi's and experimenters can, true homosexuals can't.
I never said that they can just ‘change’ sexuality on a whim. I said that they have the legal right to marry who they want; which they do, regardless of whether they are actually attracted to their partner.
ThroneofDravaris is offline   Reply With Quote