Old 10-25-2005, 06:51 PM   #6

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama
Re: Drugs and Asian nations.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerlina
They're going to execute them?

I can't justify what they did as it's a question of macro/micro evil, but I have to say that the death penalty is most definitley wrong. I personally don't believe in the death penalty, though many people find that serial killers etc should receive it (What's worse, to die or to have to spend the rest of your life with no hope, knowing you're never going to be free again? And also, why would the government want to turn into a murderer too? Isn't that hypocrytical whether it's done in the law or not? All that says is it's alright for the government to kill.)
You know that sales of drugs fund many gangs around the world? Would you rather have the people that help them die or the people that are killed by the gangs die? It's one choice or the other.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkacia
They were caught and part of the punishment for the whole group, normal for that crime in that nation, was 10 hits (I think, it may have been 20) with a cane.
That's getting off easy, even in America. I think that they should have been punished to a more serious extent.
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote