Thread: Chapter 1
View Single Post
Old 01-01-2010, 07:42 PM   #29

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Re: Chapter 1

Cato woke in his cave deep under Tear Lake. “Someone is fighting an Adamantoise?” he whispered to himself.

The vibration was enough fro Cato to analyze the fight above him. Feeling the fight he opened a passage closer and closer to the surface. As he got closer he started to be able to profile the combatants. “So we have a small female, very agile, but not to strong, most likely a Quin-Jin. Two taller male’s of which I cant make out their race, both rather skilled fighters, but still a little green.”

As the fight continued Cato listened as one took a serious blow, when a distinct change happened, the girl started fighting much differently. “Nari!” Cato suddenly felt ill, he knew his sisters fighting style when things were close to loss that was until the final change of pace. He could hear as the earth cracked and froze above him. Something had changed, a legend was just opened, and he almost felt bad for the Adamantoise.

With the battle over he followed through the ground to where he figured was their camp and listened in. After a little bit he decided to surface just outside the camp.

--------
Nari woke a little dazed, her head hurt, but she felt a new feeling of power in her body. Not sure what to make of it she shook off the feeling and looked around camp. Jayden and Clief seemed to be talking about the battle. Clief seemed pretty beaten up. “Hey guys, did we win?” She yawned stretching her arms above her head.

A voice familiar yet out of place. “It was quite a battle really, I am surprised you three a stupid enough to fight such a beast.” A short figure with long hair appeared just outside of full view of the camp’s fire.

Clief spun in place and Jayden grabbed his sword.

“Cato?” Nari asked quickly.

“The one and only.” Cato said coming into the light of the campfire. “What a battle you guys really did have, how have you gotten so strong little sis.”

Nari jumped to her feet and ran over to the strange monk. “I’m not the much smaller then you.” She said hugging him. “Jayden, Clief, I’d like you to meet my older brother Cato.”

Jayden lowered his sword and walked over hand extended. “Nice to meet you I’m Jayden.” Cato bowed but didn’t accept the outreached hand. “What’s with you and not shaking hands?”

“Ah Jayden, I’m sorry its not that I mean to be rude, but I cant see your hand so I cant shake your hand.” Cato explained. “So you’re the brave one who lacks skill with the sword, but has the advantage in luck, and that means the one with considerable skill but overall bad luck during the fight must be Clief.”

“Yes, it’s a pleasure to meet you.” Clief said not bothering to move; with consideration that Cato couldn’t see. “How is it you know so much about the fight if you cant see?”

“I feel the earth, it tells me everything you see, as long as its on the ground.” Cato replied modestly with a chuckle.