View Single Post
Old 07-15-2007, 04:36 AM   #21

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: What draws you to final fantasy and rpgs in general?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gackt Camui
What? It cost you to play the game?? I am really confused now.
What Reason means is that, new, you would buy a game like FF12 for 50 bucks, tops, right? Well, you get 15 times MORE fun and entertainment out of an RPG (assuming that it would take you 50 hours to beat it--it took me WAY longer, because I wanted to get the most out of the game. =} ) A normal film, on the other hand, which can cost 20 bucks or more, provides far less entertainment--only 2 or 3 hours to enjoy it (not counting DVD special features and whatnot.)

But getting directly to the point, when Reason says that per hour of the game it only costs .25 (cents), HE means just how much that you get out of it by what you paid for the game. But you're not really paying for it as you play, silly. XD

Argh, rambling sure is fun.

Which now brings me to something on a similar notion; I have noticed that in a lot of RPG's today, they like to drag ON cutscenes a lot of the time. It feels as if I AM watching a movie sometimes, rather than actually playing the game. And then there comes a long droll point where you're going through the game without ANY storyline, or cutscenes whatsoever. And I have to say, it does get boring and tedious doing nothing but going through places and leveling up, without anything else interesting happening with the characters until you get to a certain point (which takes a very long time to get to.)

I know, I KNOW that in some older games there WAS a more perfect balance of cutscenes and gameplay, and even a cross between the two (where you get to do something during a cutscene, like move around.) Whatever happened to that balance? Or is this all just me? @_@

*another edit* I'm a guy = 3

Last edited by reasoniamalive; 07-16-2007 at 03:37 AM.
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote