View Single Post
Old 07-19-2005, 02:42 AM   #43

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

“How’s your face?” Magus asked after a while.

“Fine.” Malice answered, though his blood-covered hand lay over his right cheek “Things could have been far worse. And you? How is your pain?”

“I’m alright.” Magus answered “I wonder where Belial is.”

“I don’t know.”

“I never did find him particularly pleasant, but like it or not I think we’re going to have to find him. He’s one of us.”

Malice nodded “We will. But first, let’s finish what we’ve come here for. There’s no sense in turning back, and there’s no time for grieving. We’ll just have to continue.”

“Indeed.” Magus nodded “How deep is this damn building anyways?”

The two continued talking as if nothing had happened, and as if they were alone- but as is known, that was not the case. Lagging behind them with an unreadable demeanor, Osirus was eerily silent; the darkness hid his face.

Belial…he had it coming, the bastard. he though as he moved through the shadowy halls Still…they’re probably going to kill him. Or worse… Dammit! being with these assholes has made me soft.

He kicked up a rock and it smashed to pieces as it hit the wall

What the hell is wrong with me. Every man for himself. That’s how it should be. So what do I care if they skin him alive? It’s not my problem…it’s not my problem, it’s not my problem…

“Hey, Osirus, can you see a way out of here?”

“It’s not my damn problem!” Osirus kicked up another stone and it nailed Magus in the back.

“What the hell was that for?” the angered mage yelled, turning and facing down his assaulter.

“Don’t f*cking talk to me, you damn human!” Osirus muttered “The only reason I associated with your kind is because of Belial’s screwed up vision of reality. Don’t think you can tell me what to do now that he’s gone!”

“He wasn’t telling you what to do!” said Malice “He was only asking for help! What the hell is wrong with you?”

“Shut up. Both of you shut up. This is how it’s going to go- we’re going to get that stone, and then we’re going to save Belial’s sorry ass.”

“Yeah. We decided that ten minutes ago,” Magus muttered “Maybe if you paid attention once in a while instead of just pissing everyone off, you would know that.”

“I don’t need to pay attention to you. Who the hell do you think you are?” Osirus yelled, and suddenly Magus struck with some kind of magic.

“Stop it!” Malice screamed and suddenly the wind caught the demon, throwing him into the wall “I don’t know what the hell has got into your head, but get it out! All of us are upset about Belial but we have to finish this first! There’s still the beast in this forest we have to worry about, and if we can’t even survive each other, there’s no damn way we’re going to survive that!”

“Whatever, I’m sick of this.” Osirus muttered, rising to his feet and brushing off his clothes “Go and find your stone, I’m going ahead and finding Belial.”

“Don’t be stupid.” Magus said, holding back his desire to set the demon on fire “If you go alone, you’ll be killed, and that won’t do anyone any good.”

“If I’m killed then at least I’ll have done more for him than you!” Osirus answered as he began to leave “Oh, and by the way…you might want to hurry up with your little treasure hunt…”

“Why’s that?” Malice asked, his hands already at his daggers.

Osirus smirked and was gone.

Last edited by Zerlina; 07-19-2005 at 02:46 AM.