View Single Post
Old 07-19-2009, 08:03 PM   #2

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Re: The Nation of Shu

The Town was small, in its center was the Temple Lyn had just walked out of, around its basin were many small shops, and outside of that many farms on the river, a very simple quite town, no guards or sign of military, a very different world from her own.

“As you can see we are a simple people, mostly because of where we are in the world. Its nice though the other nations don’t seem to even know we are here, a hard place to live, but at least its not in the five nation war.” The monk said as they walked through the town.

As Lyn got closer she could tell the town was in poverty, the buildings around her were basically falling into the ground. A slight sigh came from her. “So I am right to assume that this county is dying though.”

The monk nodded. “They blocked off the river sometime last year, they don’t let enough water reach us so we are probably going to disappear in the next ten years.”

At the end of the small street they came to a large stone building, the priests sanctum. “Hold it, you know no outsiders are welcome in the sanctum.” The monk guarding the door said coldly.

“Step aside, cant you even tell, she’s no normal mortal. Just look at the tail and small horns.” As the monk began to say this he stopped and turned to Lyn with a raised eyebrow. “Wait a second, horns and a tail, just what are you?”

Lyn looked around as she felt pressure she had felt only once before, when she was three and her hair turned silver. “I am a Devilari, a descendent of devils, the core of all evil existence in the universe. Once every couple of thousand years a silver haired child is born, in the past those with silver hair were considered holy. But now we are banished, only the monks of the sky will take in a Silver haired Devilari. Unlike the rest of my clan I cannot manipulate earth or fire. I do not have the destructive power that a Black or Red haired member of my clan has. I am from an evil race, but I was given the power to heal, and create life in ways that scare my race. That is what I am.” Lyn said as she raised her hand up and pointed a few yards in front of the sanctum.

The monks watched in amazement as the sand they had just walked over slowly sank a little, then turned dark with moisture, sinking again a small pond of pure water remained. “Lyn is that really…..?”

Lyn nodded. “I told you I am a life bringer, the most feared creature in all of Devildice. Now am I aloud in, or should I just be on my way?”

The Monks both looked at each other. “You really are here for a reason. Please come in.” The guard moved out of the way, bowing slightly to Lyn, the laughter of kids could be heard as the door started to close behind her, she looked back to see children drinking the water, they instantly looked healthier and happier.

“Lord Obu are you here?” The monk called.

“I am.” Obu walked of the corner of the room and walked over to Lyn. “Thank you my child, you have brought hope to this town. The spring you made will bring new life to us.”

Lyn smiled slightly. “The water is enriched, so only use it for human a animal care, it won’t help crops. It will remove the sickness I felt in this town.”

“Lord Obu, this is the one that caused the light in the temple.”

“I know, I am supprised to see a Devilari here.” Obu said pulling off his over robe, under a large tail came around to the front, a sign of the Devilari male. Then he pulled off his hat to reveal short black fire hair. He knelt down and bowed. “I am Obu Markitus son of the third ruler of Devildice. I came here six thousand years ago, but never would I think another of my kind would end up here, let alone a silver haired child. You must have many stories to tell about the royal city.”

Lyn stepped back. “What kind of trick is this? A blackflame, a royal blackflame? Bowing to me? Just what kind of joke is this? If you knew anything about Devildice you would know I am an outcast and have never seen the inside of the city.” Lyn said as she started to float off the ground.

“What! You’ve never seen the inside of the city? And your and outcast! What has happened to my world?” Obu said this as tears of silver ran down his face.

“Oh, wait a second you haven’t been there for a long time right? Maybe you left before my kind were considered a threat, and became banished.” Lyn said calming down.

“When I was there last, the Silver haried maidens were a sign of power, and connection with the gods, the royal healers, and usually, the wives of the most powerful lords, or even kings.”

Lyn Nodded. “I knew of these times, but that is beside the point. Why haven’t you done more for these people?”

“I can’t bend earth, not here, the sand is to hard to move. Fire doesn’t do much to help either. The only thing I could do is join the war, but no medic can help a Devilari. Only medicine from our world, or the healing touch of silver haired can help me. I am weak now too, I haven’t been able to use my powers here.” Obu said feeling disgrace.

“Well keep leading this town, I’ll fix the water problem. Tell me more about the war.” Lyn sat down.