View Single Post
Old 02-04-2007, 07:11 PM   #24

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Forum Sites Are Dying

A long, long time ago...in the year 2002...I was a member of a great FF forum called, "All World Final Fantasy."

I had some good times there...they had already been a forum for a long time when I joined, and I was am active member for a few years. Alas, one day, they finally closed...Even though they were only going to "redo" the site, after it was done and everyone came back, well...it just wasn't the same for me. I honestly think that they should have just closed for good...the site was declining in active members, and just about everything there is to discuss had already been discussed...

And someday, I think, this forum, and every other forum will eventually die, and new forums will take their place. Forums are a never-ending cycle, at least, I think so. As long as there are new people getting to know the online world, and there are people already in it, there will always be forums and discussion boards.
So even if this site were to die, there are hundreds of others to go to.

But...I hope this site doesn't go, not for a while, anyway. I still need a chance to get to know it a little better.