View Single Post
Old 11-03-2005, 07:25 PM   #9

Totorosama
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via AIM to Totorosama
Re: Da Qiao Costume

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerlina
1. Maybe you admire cosplayers...but they scare me. Especially when they're in character. I went to a concert once and there was a convention next door and these weirdo guys in big hair were talking to me all tough and in character and it was aggravating.

2. I got the red silk in my mom's drawer. It's made of leftover lining for a nice dress she had (surprisingly the LINING is the nicest material I've ever worn!).
I got the blue silk from a Salvation Army. The gold piping is from Wal Mart, and the stockings are from my dance recital. I had gold jewelled shoes too that I forgot to put on for the picture. I bought them in the U.S. somewhere...Marshalls I think it's called. Similar to Winners.
Nice work! I don't have that kind of motivation. You must be a hardworking person. That, and maybe also very lucky. Also, the people who act in character are just odd, it's not just cosplayers. If I were a cosplayer (I don't have the money, time, creativity, etc.), I probably couldn't act in character if I wanted to, which I don't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiff
BTW, not trying to sound stupid but who's Da Qiao?
She's a character from the Dynasty Warriors series. Based on history, they made a (I think) partially fictional story out of it, and it became a video game. Made by KOEI.
Totorosama is offline   Reply With Quote