View Single Post
Old 02-15-2008, 05:50 AM   #7

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: Wisdom, the final frontier.

...wow, nicely said Doctor. And no, I don't think that was a rant at all...it seems that this topic touches us both very deeply.

When the answers are all around us - and all we need to do is to pull our heads out of the clouds and look around at the world we're in, I fail to see why so many people who COULD make a significant difference in our world (i.e. elected officials/people with authority *gasp* or power) continue to make excuses...or WORSE: BLAMESHIFT their responsibilities onto others. :S Of course, its easier when you actually HAVE the power/money to let it get to you psychologically. Its consuming. How revolutionary would it be if, instead of figuring out a way to increase the economy/taxpayers spending the government would instead donate that money to people who actually NEED it - like AIDS relief funds and the Red Cross, FEMA, anti-hunger groups, etc...?

Luis: the final frontier is just an expression because (just like space in Star Trek) wisdom is ALWAYS a frontier to be explored. Just when you think you know something stop and see if the opposite isn't also true in a way.
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote