View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 01:05 AM   #20

Drazniich
T-Rexuar Snack

Belial walked back to where Nichi had unceremoniously dumped Osirus. He walked in, and looked around the darkness. "The fact that you're healed enough to walk shoudl say wonders to how you could fix me." he said. If you listened close, you could hear the bone fragments grinding in his legs and ribs.

Osirus sat down on the bed. "Could. Should. Won't." he whispered, trying to magnifiy the darkness in the room. He realized how pointless that was, as Belial could sense him. "Well, I would, you see, but you haven't granted my request."

Belial tried not to lean against a wall or sitdown, knowing damn well he'd be done.

"You run your body like a steam golem, you know." Osirus stood again, walking over to face Belial. "You just propel the fragments forward, hoping they will hold out till you can properly fix them."

Belial closed his eyes. He couldn't keep the fragments together much longer.

Osirus poked Belial in the forehead, and he fell over backwards, another scream escaping his throat. Osirus sighed, and placed Belial where he'd been before. He sat down in chair next to the bed, and opened his book, and began to read quietly.

Belial ground his teeth. "Bastard..." he hissed.

"Oh, grow up." Osirus said, not even looking up. He turned the page. "You bow to me, I fix your legs. Otherwise, I'm not at all uncomfortable with letting you suffer."

Belial tried settling his muscles down, so as not to aggravate the bones. Humans at least got to suffer shock. "That's the diffrence. Friend does not mean toy or tool to me, it means something more."

Osirus raised an eyebrow. "Well, that's why I'm the closest thing you ever had to one. " He patted Belial's head condesendingly. "Honestly... you take everything so personal and seriously."

Belial fought the urge to scream again. Instead, he just rolled his eyes back... this was probably the worst beating Osirus had ever managed on him. Hell, it was the worst feeling he'd ever had.

Osirus put his face in his hands. "God, if you're going to be such a pain about it." he waved his hand, and Belial felt fatigued. "You may not need to sleep, but all of us know that dreaming is by far the greatest recreational activity..."

Belial faded off into slumber, and Osirus lit a candle, and kept reading. An astute observer would notice that the words on the page seemed to advance as he read, as if a whole epic story was contained, scrolling down the pages.

An extremely accute observer would also realize that the book was an entire library, built into one convienent tome.

But an even more accute observer would have seen the look of sorrow on Osirus' face whenever he glanced at his sleeping friend. Granted, they'd have caught a black ice bolt for the trouble...
The Via Hyron, Road of the Hive, dictates that you shall protect your loved ones, fight to preserve your way of life from outside threats, and never forget you follow the road. This road is, by far, one of the most honorable roads known to the vampire clans, short of Galconda only. The Via Hyron is only practiced by one clan, the second clan of Ashur-called-Cappadocius, namely, the Baali, the original infernalist clan...