View Single Post
Old 06-16-2007, 03:23 AM   #9

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Level-up your life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
Hmm...The human brain is not dissimilar than a sponge. Especially in younger years, humans learn extensively. Do you know how many languages a child can learn...as many as you'll teach them. The brain of a 30 year-old man is much more difficult to train - ESPECIALLY if he hasn't used it for 10 years since college. XD With all that there is to learn and know - a seemingly infinite availability of information out there....I have a difficult time believing that someone can reach a level 40 by H.S. Not that I'm invalidating your point...just that I have a hard time thinking that a person can reach a stage of emotional, spiritual, and physical maturity by that age.

However, with that being said - I don't think it's impossible. Just look at Japanese young people these days >__> Sheesh! Faust...may I ask what you've learned in life that makes you believe you are level 25? I'm asking from a learning standpoint - not a condescending one. I'm a student (can you tell) of personal development...so I would appreciate anyone's advice/knowledge.
Eh, maybe I was overexaggerating. Intellect-wise, I always THOUGHT that I was at a high level, but it depends on other people's point of view. Schools and some people think that you can measure how smart a person is by using standardized tests, and I.Q. exams--but that's just bullshit. You can't possibly measure a person's mental capabilities, or how smart they are just by testing. Not even by how a person behaves can you figure that out, nor is it how exactly they contribute to their own life and others, or how well they get along with people...you would even start to think that there IS no way to truly measure a person's true brilliance. But people do make displays of that certain genius, no matter what it is, and they show us that way.

Now, emotionally-wise and just life-wise in general, I'm sure that I've got a long ways to go...I honestly have no idea where I'm at, really. I leave it up to other people to decide for themselves how smart I am, intellectually, spiritually, etc.