Thread: The sphere grid
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2013, 03:02 PM   #113
SylvianDark
T-Rexuar Snack

Re: The sphere grid

The customization aspects were good but the Sphere Grid is horrible for those wanting max stats and a complete save file. Had the Grid given you max stats by completing it, I'd have nothing but positive things to say about it. Having to clear spheres and add back +4 spheres, literally weakening your characters then strengthening them again, having to gather AP again, etc, was just unnecessary and I'm not sure why the developers decided to design it that way other than to make the gameplay longer.

Also the customization becomes null after the main story since at that point you'll want to give every character every ability and max stats. At this point the Sphere Grid is just too cumbersome. I'm 95 hours into a game currently and every time I acquire 99 AP it takes about 10-15 minutes just to repeatedly hit the 'move' and 'use sphere' options on the menu and progress my character. It's just a huge waste of time and is made all the worse by the fact that you know you'll have to go all the way back through the sphere grid clearing spheres and replacing them with +4 spheres.

Then if all this isn't bad enough, they have those luck/fortune spheres which are even more time consuming and difficult to fill/max.

I enjoy completing games but FFX doesn't feel rewarding. Clearing something and redoing it is in no way rewarding. That's just time wasting so a developer can brag that their game has XXX game play hours when in reality they just make you do the same thing over again.
SylvianDark is offline   Reply With Quote