Thread: My Philosophy
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 03:17 AM   #25

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: My Philosophy

Well, this is just a personal opinion, as is what most of these people are saying; I believe that love can conquer all other feelings . Think about it; if you really wanted to die, more than anything, and the only feeling you cared about was feeling the sweet ecstasy of death, then wouldn't you be "loving" to die every single waking moment?

Taking the words "Love conquers all" literally would mean that you can win anything with love. And even if love is more than just a feeling, and love is expressed by the things we do for the things or people we love, I don't think that most of the world cares enough to use love to solve all of our problems. There are too many other feelings mixed in--greed, hatred, anger, sadness; countless things. Those feelings tend to get in the way of the feeling of love, but that's just how it is; that's just how we, as human beings, are. Love can't really conquer all, but deep in our hearts, when we find something we care about more than anything else that could ever exist, then we can believe that love can overcome all of the obstacles that are in each individual person's life. But it cannot solve every real world problem. Love can be shared, but going with what I said previously, there will always be conflict and problems that are caused by things, and most of all, people, some of whom have no love or compassion. But that's only for us to decide based upon opinion.

So...after all I've said already, I'm not even sure what I'm trying to get across. I suppose that my point, is that whatever love really CAN do, no one will ever be sure. So weither the phrase "Love conquers all" is true or not is, for now, always goinmg to depend on the opinion of each individual. So, it's true meaning is undecided.