View Single Post
Old 07-14-2006, 06:30 PM   #1

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Avathar's reviews

Here i'll post my movie-reviews, since i've been writing again lately. ^^

"Cars"

There’s one thing everyone can be sure of, after watching this new animation of the guys at Pixar: It looks and sounds terrific. The CGI animation-sceneries really make believe that the American countryside is really worth visiting.

A story about a rebellious red race-car. All the speeding vehicles make the REAL cars from The Fast and The Furious bite the dust; the wonderful songs are yet again from the mind of Randy Newman, and thanks to the amazing sound-effects, yes, you’ve really ended up in the middel of a racing circuit.
The voice-acting of Owen Wilson, Bonnie Hunt, and even so: Paul Newman (as a rustbucket of an excuse for a car, which holds an amazing secret), these voicings make the anthropomorph cars grow out to be characters of...well...flesh and blood.

And also, the director John Lasseter (Toy Story, A Bug’s Life) knows like no other how to put the cinematic aspect of cartoons in an animation like this. This way, the racing scenes are actually quite equal to the arena-races from Ben Hur, rather than something pathetic, like the ball game from Harry Potter.

And still, there are some obstacles on this race-track: the cliché-filled story and the conservative “in the old days, everything was more simple and better”- athmosphere.

But although it’s yet again quite a predictable CGI-animation, when you’re gonna watch this in the cinema, wait for the ending credits, ‘cause the best jokes are really saved up for the last. Quite good, and enjoyable.

Edit: 6/10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt

Last edited by Avathar; 07-17-2006 at 11:54 AM.
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote