Thread: Cutting
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2007, 12:58 AM   #37

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Cutting

^ Well, I'm happy that you've never done it, Hydra. Don't ever try.

I read over my last post, and I realized that I said a lot of stupid things.

1: These are all obvious solutions, and yet I don't bother with any of them. And, stupid as I am, I have no idea why.

Correction; I have talked to my closest friends about it, and they all told me to stop, and since thursday I have been able to refrain from doing it. But if I can, I HAVE decided to seek out some other help, most likely a counselor at school.

2: And cutting DOES give you a sense of control...it is like a freedom that never existed before that you now have, a freedom to control the amount of pain that you have. But I know that it does not fix your thoughts entirely; when the pain finally fades, your original focus on why you're depressed in the first place comes creeping back into your mind.

Correction; You can't really control the amount of pain you have to the extent that you aren't feeling it anymore--by the time that happens, you'd already be dead. And I noticed that, while I'm doing it, I still end up thinking about what makes me do it. But That's just me.

3: (In the beginning of my last post self-mutilation can leave physical scars, and emotional scars that you may live with for the rest of your life.

Correction; Maybe not for the rest of your whole entire life. After all, you can live a pretty damn long time, and you may eventually just be having too good of a time to worry about it anymore. But, it's still a good, washed-up and used-too-many-times moral for this situation.

I wasn't thinking rationally (or in a more sophisticated manner, like I normally do,) and I got carried away...

But do know this, people; for those of you who have self-mutilated, never do it again, and for those of you who haven't, don't even try.

I could also easily say the same for alcohol, smoking, etc., but i won't try to be the boss of any of you over those things (I have had my share of having some times of underaged drinking. @_@ ) I'm just worried for all of you, now...I don't want anyone to have to suffer through any kind of pain, even though it is always inevitable...

Thanks, and please, continue, if you may. I won't rant on here anymore...(promise this time!)