Thread: Cheating
View Single Post
Old 01-14-2007, 09:57 PM   #29

Hydra
3, 2, 1, Let's Jam

Send a message via MSN to Hydra Send a message via Yahoo to Hydra
Re: Cheating

Haha, I've cheated before.

Actually, it's nothing to laugh about. It's actually quite saddening. Cheating, or "seeing other people", can mean different things to different people. I've only cheated once, and that was when I wasn't satisified with my relationship, but I cared too much for my girlfriend's feelings to break it off with her. So, I decided to cheat on her. It felt wrong, horrible, and dispicable the first time I kissed another woman other than her while dating. o_O But y'know what? I liked it. I actually felt that our relationship could go somewhere.

That's why I cheated. I just wasn't happy, and I at least cared for my other. Hell, I even told her. I had that giant hole in my stomach(the butterfly feeling, lol.) for a few weeks, but I eventually got over it. Live, love, and learn. If you feel your relationship isn't going anywhere, and you don't want to break it off because you care for her, then go ahead and cheat.

The only wrong thing to do is cheat for a long time without telling your other. Now that's something I'd NEVER do. I told Ashley (that ex I was referring to as "her" in the first paragraph XD) that I was cheating on her in the first few weeks of doing it. You can't live with yourself if you do turn your back on your lover for another, without even giving her the slightest insight.

So, cheating is alright. It's not the most smart way to deal with a bad relationship. Sure, sex and needs also play into the role, but if you're actually serious about a relationship, then cheating isn't so bad. You just have to be truthful, and ready to face whatever comes your way. You may have broken her heart, but at least you didn't lie to her. For that, she'll give you the least bit of respect, but it's something. It's better than losing a lover, then a friend in the same process. XD