View Single Post
Old 04-02-2005, 05:50 AM   #36

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Three days it would take to get to Adinem. The group had been pounded by the sun all day long and it was taking its toll, so they pulled off the road to rest for the night. Belial and Ensayne talked while the others rested. Titania was watching the stars, they were very clear tonight.

Off out of listening distance Belial talked with Ensayne. “I just thought of something very important about our friend Masuto. Do you know the name of the first mortal to ascend to being a god?”

Ensayne looked at Belial annoyed by the question. “You know damn well it was Masuto, Aikia Masuto….. Oh wait I see what your saying. Wasn’t Masuto supposed to be Aikia and a girl, not a guy?” She peered at the camp only to notice that no Masuto was there.

“I’m interested; do you think she’s been putting up an act just because she is stuck in Nichi’s body?” Belial said looking around for Masuto.

Masuto appeared by the camp, he seemed to be carrying something. “I’m going to go see what he’s up to.” Ensayne said flying off.

Masuto hid behind a large old tree that was near the camp. He laid on the ground a fox pup that was asleep. Masuto took out a small knife and cut his finger and dripped some blood on the fox’s head. ‘A sacrifice Ensayne thought. What could he be trying to conjure at this hour?’

Masuto started to concentrate energy into his hands and they glow a feint yellow. The fox did as well. Then the Fox woke up and opened its eyes and let out a scream.

Masuto’s eyes rolled up. Hearing the noise Malice, Titania and Magus all came to see what was going on.

“What in the hell is this?” Malice said looking at the glowing fox that started to get bigger and bigger. “Stand back he might have summoned something to kill us.”

Magus shook Masuto only to notice something was very strange. “Hey guys, why does Masuto look like Nichi again?”

Belial hearing this ran as fast as he could taking of his jacket as fast as possible. “Don’t look at the fox or you’ll be very sorry.” Belial yelled.

It was too late with that warning Malice and Magus Turned to look at the fox who not looked a lot like a girl. Titania forced them both to turn their heads. “Come on we can wait on the other side of the tree.” She said trying to move them back.

Belial threw his jacket over the fox.

“So I guess it worked.” Nichi said coming out of the trance he was in. “She’ll finally be given her own body; (phew) you have no idea how hard it is to listen to a girl talking to you about their problems non stop for days.”

Belial looked at Nichi with disbelief. “What the hell? How did you come back?” Belial looked at the Girl lying on the ground now. “You can mean that I was right and she Masuto is really Aikia?”

Nichi nodded. “Yup that’s why I let her take over my body, she needed to be in control long enough to gain enough power to do a change of bodies. I don’t really understand it all but you’ll see what I mean once she wakes up.”

The Girl moved and opened her eyes. “It worked? Oh my god it worked!” She sat up forgetting she had no clothes on yet.

Nichi and Belial turned their heads away as fast as they could.

“What, why are you not looking at me, did I screw it up, do I look hideous?” She said as she looked at herself noticing that she was completely naked, and she quickly pulled up the jacket to cover herself. “I’m sorry that was my fault. I didn’t think that through, now if I can only conjure some clothes.” Aikia attempted to conjure clothes but noticed she was completely out of energy after changing bodies.

Belial handed her a stack of cloths. “These should do till we get to the next town.” With that Belial and Nichi stood up and went back to the camp.

At the camp Malice and Magus looked as though they had been trying very hard to explain to themselves what they just saw. Then seeing Nichi back Malice almost fell over. “You’re alive? I can’t believe it. Masuto said he took over your body permanently.”

“That was the idea at first but Masuto realized that she didn’t belong in a man’s body any longer then she had to be in one.” Nichi said

“Wait your telling me that Masuto is a she?” Magus looked at Nichi in wonder.

“Yeh, she told me not to let you guys know until she was able to find her own body.” Nichi stretched like he hadn’t moved in a very long time.

A tall young girl with silvery white hair came out from behind the tree. The same awe inspiring presence that Masuto had when in Nichi’s body was there just more elegant. She was wearing all white with a black Jacket that came all the way to her feet. “Well I guess the secrets out.” She smiled.

Titania looked at her and laughed. “You have fox ears!”

Aikia felt he head and sure enough she had fox ears. She had expected as much, thankfully she hadn’t gotten a tail with the package. “Well it’s what I get for not using a human’s body to move into.” She sat down and sighed, it feels good to be back to being me again. Well mostly me at least.” She laughed.

The next day came and so did the sun. Everyone went on towards Adinem. It was only a few more miles till they got there.

Arriving in town they noticed that it was very calm, and that the presence of the crystal shroud was not very think in the area.

Nichi looked around, and then he noticed something. “Someone else has been through here and taken out the crystal before us.” He picked up the remains of a shattered crystal.

“Who else would be able to do this?” Malice said looking around and feeling the air to see if anyone else was in the area.

“This was done a while ago it would seem, and they have been gone for some time now.” Aikia said sitting down on a bench. “It seems like we get to take a rest.”

Nichi nodded, with no other towns in the south coast they were to wait here until notified by Ishia what the next town was to be. “Well let’s get a couple of rooms in the inn.”

Magus went into the Inn and reserved 3 rooms. “Ok Nichi and Belial, you guys are in one room, me and Malice are in another, and Titania and Aikia will be in the other.” Magus handed out the keys to everyone.

Aikia took her key. “Well I don’t know about you guys, but I’m taking a shower, something I haven’t had in almost ten thousand years.”

Titania nodded at Aikia. “I think I’ll take one too, coming into this world by that storm has left me rather dirty feeling.” She looked at her cloths which were spotted with dirt.

Belial took his key and smiled. “I’m going to go have a good hard drink. I think I deserve one.”

Nichi took his key and said nothing just walked out of town and sat under a tree and fell asleep.

Malice followed Nichi after taking his key. Malice had much he wanted to ask Nichi. He let him sleep and sat down near him and thought about all that had happened in such a short time. ‘I wonder if his eyes are normal again?’

Magus went around the town asking everyone he met if they had seen a girl. No clues came up in the time he spent, but he found out that a man in a silver cloak had killed the demon controlling this city.