View Single Post
Old 04-05-2005, 10:34 PM   #38

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

The world spun around her in a blaze of confusion. Nausea hit Titania as she realized how terribly lost she was. She staggered forward, then back, looking in all directions, but only mountains surrounded her. She put her arm out against a tree to brace herself.

"Why madame, that certainly is a very far shower," came a voice from behind her. Titania spun around, but saw nothing.

"Who...who is there?" she asked feebly, not knowing enough of this land to know of its inhabitants.

In front of her, Malice materialized, as if appearing from the air itself. His form wisped into shape, and he smiled. "Sorry, didn't mean to follow you, but I thought you might need a guide, seeing as you don't know the terrain. I will offer you my humble services and become your makeshift guide." Malice bowed, a sarcastic grin on his face.

"I'm sorry Malice, but I cannot accept your offer. It seems that your group can do without me, and I wouldn't want to be a mere accessory." She had a serene quality about her, and Malice knew the words she spoke were the truth.

"If this is regarding your confrontation with the daemon earlier, think nothing of it. We are not asking you to stay because of your magical abilities, but rather because we are all lost to this world in a way, but together our team is strong. And we'd like you to be a part of it."

Titania blushed. She did not know if the words he spoke were true, or if it was just a rouse to add her to their roster. After thinking, she spoke.

"And who is we? Is this the teams decision, or yours? And anyways, I am not very competant when it comes to magic use. To tell you the truth, the whole daemon trick was really a fluke. I was never really good at magic."

Malice looked shocked. She had the demeanor of that of a White Wizard. "Then let me make a proposal," he said quickly, jumping at the idea that had just popped into his head. "I am adept in magic. I am a wind elemental of the Theira tribe. I am not framiliar with your sacred art of holy magic, but I have seen it used many times before. Magic is not about ability; it is about concentration and determination. This I can teach you. So what do you say?"