View Single Post
Old 06-22-2005, 08:19 PM   #24

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

Titania's Mind, The Last Seventeen Years, Memoria

Glenn readied his double-bladed sword while Magus drew his scythe. A split second later all three of them were flat on their backs.

The sleeper howled its unearthly howl an began to charge again.

Reach for a dream, thought Magus. Reach for a dream of the gods. Grasp a memory of the cosmos and use it.

(Damn! What is this thing?)

"It's Zera-Shaal, a sleeper demon," said Magus. "You would've had fun playing with him, but Titania already killed it. This is just her memory of it."

(No, it's not that. It's the aura I'm getting from it. It's almost like it's not a real memory.)

The demon charged and knocked them all back. It screamed in agony as Glenn plunged one of the Mastermune's blades into its side.

A quick claw swipe later and Glenn was on the semi-ground next to Malice.

Malice struggled to stand up. "This... it's pretty strong for a memory..." His dagger fell through his fading hand. He looked at it, surprised. "Huh...?"

"The longer we stay here, the more we fade. We can't..." Another slam and Magus was smashed up on a wall covered with paintings of mythical creatures. Glenn soon joined him.

Malice glanced at the Eidolon Wall. How do I know what that's called? Enraged, he jumped on the sleeper and began to beat on its back with his gauntlets.

The sleeper tried to reach around, but couldn't. Soon its arm began to extend, a shadow reaching from the sleeper's claw.

C'mon, Glenn! Magus! Get up!

Glenn managed to prop himself up with the weapon. He looked at Magus, who was on the floor. "Art thou... wilt thou accompany myself into battle?"

Magus sat up groggily, shaking his head. "Look, we'd need Titania's help to take this thing out. There isn't much we can..." His fingers found a flute on the floor by the wall. He looked up, noticing the painting of the flaming bird glowing. This is it!

Magus hurled the tiny instrument at the huge beast. The spot where the flute touched it suddenly erupted in shadow. The flute soon faded, but the darkness continued to engulf the demon.

(That's the thing that was in your mind, Magus! That shadowy thing!)

Its disguise removed, the giant shadow began to try a new tactic. Shards of memories began to float around it. Soon the shadow had taken on the form of their old friend.

He flexed his muscles and drew his sword. The black armor he wore began to give off a deadly glow. "Never thought I'd see you guys on the other side of the battlefield," he said with a smirk.

Malice stepped back, and Magus dropped his scythe. "Nichi," they both whispered at the same time.

Glenn, however, gripped the Mastermune tightly. "Thou'rt nothing but a shadow of a memory. If they refuseth to harm thee, I wilt duel thee myself."

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member