View Single Post
Old 06-08-2005, 01:34 AM   #4

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Brain found and sent Glenn to talk with Magus about whatever he needed. Brain sat down in his room leaving the door open in hopes that someone would come in and talk to him. He really didn’t know what was going on and while he managed to be strong so far, but things were starting to get to him a little. He pulled out five compression cubes from his backpack and decompressed them. One was a full wardrobe of cloths, one full of food. One was a satellite launch pack. One was filled with drinks and a machine to refill them, the other was filled with two small SMG guns and a larger anti tank type gun, plenty of ammo and a machine to refill them. He also had to force swords and two powered swords.

As he was loading on of the SMG’s the girl he had been introduced to as Titania walked in. “Whoa were did you get all this?” She said looking around the room that was now almost like a room that had been lived in.

Brain smiled. “Its part of my job to carry around all this equipment, in my world I am a covert operative for the military. I carry all this so if I ever find myself in a bad situation I can survive for over a year.”

Titania looked puzzled as to what exactly he had just said. “What’s a covert operative?”

Brain thought about this for a moment. “I’m a spy for the most part, and I am adept in doing a lot of damage with only a little equipment. I am a one man army.”

Titania looked at Brain inquisitively. “What do you fight against in your world?”

Brain thought about the last couple of days fighting. “Other humans, evil people that try to disrupt the world by killing innocent people, that is who I fight, that and giant machines that have been given the will and power to think for themselves.”

Titania closed her eyes and tried to vision what he must be talking about. “So when you arrived here where you scared?”

Brain shook his head. “I was excited. If felt great to be here and to actually fight for once. I haven’t ever gotten the chance to see if I am any good as a fighter; no wars have broken out around where I lived recently.” He looked out his window. “I am a little worried now but at the same time I am very happy to be here.”

Titania smiled a little. “I was really scared when I first got here. The others have been nice to me but so far non of them have really opened up to me, it seems most of them are too toughened by war to be able to open up well.” She let out a short sigh. “I’ve been here a month and I still feel like I don’t now the people I have been traveling with.”

Brain looked at Titania with a soft smile on his face. “I’ve never been close to anyone in my life; my parents gave me to the military when I was only 6 months old. I have been nothing more then a tool of war since I was born. I wasn’t aloud to have friends, and I didn’t really feel like I had family either. I was a living breathing weapon that was only as valuable as how much damage I could inflict.” Smiling a little bit more he went on to say. “I was even up for sale to other countries. To be free of that is a blessing that his has given to me.”

Titania couldn’t grasp what she had just been told. Rather then saying anything she just tiered up and grabbed onto Brains back hugging him from behind. She stayed like that for a moment before Brain turned and sat her down on the bed.

“Don’t cry for me. I had purpose in my life at least. So now with a free and clean slate I get to decide what I fight for.” Brain smiled. “Thanks for the hug though, it’s the first one I have ever gotten.”

Titania dried her eyes and smile with her head cocked to the side.

Just then Malice came in the room as well. “I heard crying is everything ok?”

Titania nodded still drying her eyes. “Brain was just telling me about his world and how sad it is.”

Malice nodded. “Well just to let the two of you know the captain says we are in for some rough winds.” He walked out of the room.

Waiting until Malice was out of listening range Brain asked. “So he seems kind of cool and well tough, not really a talker is he?”

Titania shook her head. “He doesn’t really seem to be the type to open up.”

Brain shrugged. “I don’t know why I am opening up, it’s completely against my nature yet I feel like I don’t need to be so strict on myself seeing as I’m not in my world anymore.”

Brain turned on his computer and put on some music. Titania and Brain just sat in the room staring out the window humming along with the song for a long time.