View Single Post
Old 03-01-2005, 06:11 PM   #7

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Earth, The Year 590 AD, Truce Canyon

A blue portal opened up and a small boy fell out. A number of imps quickly swarmed around him, until a fat green monster appeared and saved him.

"W-who are you?" asked the boy.

"I'm Ozzie, leader of the Mystics. Who are you?"

"My name is Janus. A m-monster popped up in the Ocean Palace and I-I ended up here," said the litte boy through his tears.

Ozzie put his arm around the boy. "Don't worry, Janus. You can come and join the Mystics! But we're gonna need a better name for you. How does Magus sound?"

The little boy Janus looked up at Ozzie and smiled. "Magus..."

Earth, The Year 600 AD, Magus's Tower

"Neuga, ziena, zieber, zom... Now the chosen time has come... Exchange this world for...!"

"Magus!"

Magus turned around, his eyes flaring. Who dared to interrupt him while he was summoning Lavos? Who would bother the great Magus during a spell? He whirled around and came face to face with that which was once known as Glenn... at least, before Magus had cursed him to turn into a frog. It looked like the spell only half worked, anyway; although the skin and facial features were those of a frog, he was still humanoid. "I... it's that stupid frog! Kissed any princesses lately?" Magus stuttered.

Glenn, now called Frog, drew the legendary sword Masamune and pointed it right at Magus. "I rather enjoy this form. And I oweth it all to you! I have something for you!"

Magus closed his eyes, knowing that a confrontation was inevitable. "Ah... The Masamune! I bet you're just dying to use it! The black wind begins to blow... Okay... give me your best shot... If you're prepared for the void!"

Frog's strength, combined with the Masamune and his new friends, proved too much for Magus to handle. Unfortunately, Lavos awoke and hurled everyone in the room through time.

Earth, The Year 12,000 BC, The Ocean Palace

"I’ve been waiting for you, Lavos. I swore long ago... that I'd destroy you! No matter what the price! It is time to fulfill that vow. Feel my wrath, Lavos!" With those words, Magus discarded the cloak he had worn while acting as "The Prophet." Unfortunately, although Magus was strong, Lavos was stronger. With a powerful blast it knocked everyone in the room to the ground. Magus noticed one person stand up. It was Crono, a young man who had battled Magus back in 600 AD while he was summoning the awful creature before them. Crono walked up, raised his sword to deliver a blow, and...

Magus watched the sword clatter to the ground. He couldn't believe what had just happened. He continued to watch as the three Gurus and Janus... himself... entered the room. With horror, the events of so long ago replayed themselves before his eyes. He saw Schala's pendant flash and he was teleported to safety.

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Gracia

"Hey, Magus, snap out of it!" shouted Nichi.

Malice laughed. "You'll never beat us moving at that speed!"

Magus chuckled. "Oh, you want me to go FAST, is that it?" he asked. A slight whooshing sound was heard as he blew past them. They turned the corner and found the dragon lumbering over them.

Malice started whipping up some wind, and Nichi started blasting the dragon with ice.

Magus hurled a couple of ice spells at the dragon, then stopped altogether. To anyone else, it seemed as if he had just completely left his own head.

All I need is a good memory. Just one. I just need to think of a memory that fills me with enough hatred. Just need one. Ah... of course! When I saw myself and the gurus get sucked up... perfect!

Suddenly Magus flew up into the air, giving a salute. The words "Dark Matter!" thundered from his lips and suddenly the dragon was bombarded by the strongest magic Magus had to offer. It screamed in agony, blasting fire to take him out of the sky.

Magus plummetted towards the ground. Malice quickly formed a cushion of air to catch him.

Nichi, however, had other plans. With a scream, he launched himself onto the dragon's back. He coated his knives with ice and plunged them into the dragon's skin. As the dragon tried to throw him off, the blades ripped up most of its back.

Malice, having revived Magus, spun around to deliver a blow to the dragon. Magus cast another minor ice spell, this time on the sword, to augment its damage.

The dragon screamed in agony, spewing fire all around. Nichi formed an ice barrier over himself, and Magus cast a defensive spell on himself and Malice. Another blow from Malice's sword finished the dragon.

"Wow, you can actually PROTECT people?" asked Malice.

Magus shrugged. "Weak spell. Only non-damaging one I've got, and it doesn't work against physical attacks. Only things magical in nature, such as spells or a dragon's breath, are deflected by it, and even then not too well."

Nichi laughed. "We'll have to keep that in mind. Now let's see this crystal."

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member