View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 12:28 AM   #11

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Belial looked at Nichi and smiled. “We all want something don’t we?”

Usual response for a demon, nothing out of the ordinary except the last time Nichi had seen this face he was about to be killed. Nichi felt the scar on his right arm. “Why are you here!?”

“I thought I’d pay an old friend a visit. I mean it’s been what 3 years since you almost killed me after I almost killed you. I thought it was time for a reunion.” Belial smiled slyly.

Malice looked at Nichi who was now about as white as a ghost. “Who are you?”

“Name Belial, card shark extraordinaire and a demon that believe in the balance.” Belial said laughing. “I am everyone best friend and worst nightmare in one happy package.”

“He’s a bastard demon and a very powerful one at that. We almost killed each other last time we met, and I prayed never to see him again and guess what, he’s here.” Nichi started to calm down. “So why are you here, it can’t be solely for the reason of seeing me, a mere mortal.”

Magus decided that this was not his conversation and went back to sleep.

Malice looked at Belial and now realized just what the dark figure in front of him was. The man did not seem out of the ordinary other then his choice of clothing.

“Nichi my old friend, I’m here to help you. You see those damn demons in the spire plan on killing the entire mortal realm and then kill all the demons as well. I can’t have them doing this. Who am I to play with if you all are gone and if they come to kill me as well, I doubt I will be able to fend them off alone.” Belial said sternly.

Nichi thought about what the demon just said, and it did make sense that he would want to save the world from complete destruction. “You promise not to kill anyone innocent while we are on this journey?”

Belial sneered, “You know I would never do such a thing, I am a demon of high morals, so long as they don’t try to cheat me in cards they shall not be killed.”

“Can we actually trust a demon?” Malice said calmly. “I mean your whole existence is for the pain of souls, why should we trust you?”

“Because I’ll kill you right here and right now instead of letting you help me if you rather it be that. I only offer my help once; refuse and I’ll make it very painful for you.” Belial laughed.

“Fine you can come, but one bad move by you and I’ll take you out of this world with me.” Nichi said. “I’m going back to sleep. Don’t mind Belial, he wont touch us.”

Nichi’s dream was not that of the fall to this world tonight, it was of the horrid fight he had had with Belial before.

Malice woke first. The demon known as Belial sat in his chair just as he was the night before. Malice looked over were Nichi was sleeping and woke him. Magus slept so heavy that Malice was unable to wake him.

Nichi and Malice got ready and left with Belial following them. Nichi then noticed that the pixie that followed Belial around. “Ensayne how nice to see you again Nichi said sarcastically.” Nichi had been robbed by this little thing last time they had met, she was the whole reason the fight had started.

“Nichi oh great, its you again why the hell are we here to see him again dear, oh right because you think he’s fun. I don’t want to be around him remember what he did to me last time? He put me in a glass jar!” Ensayne said with her usually speedy and pissed off voice.

“It was your fault, shut up about it.” Belial said softly.

Nichi and the others came to the center of the coliseum were Ishia was waiting, along with Magus. Ishia had a look of deep concern as Belial came into view.

“What is a demon doing here?” Ishia said calmly.

“Its ok, he’s going to help us believe it or not.” Nichi said with a sigh

“Isn’t he the same one that almost killed you?” Ishia said sternly

“Yes mother, he almost killed me, if he hadn’t tried to drown me I’d be dead, but I think he actually wants to help this time. He isn’t going to do anything stupid.” Nichi said looking at Belial who was now going around the garden and sniffing flowers. ‘How strange he can be.’

“I won’t try to kill your son, I promise. I have a person vendetta with these demons that are controlling the spire right now that is my only concern.”

Ensayne looked around and then looked right at Ishia. “He won’t do anything stupid because he thinks your son is able to kill him, don’t worry.” She giggled.

Nichi and the other went over the plans with Ishia. Mid day came; Ishia had gone to take care of council matters and such.

“We’ll we have a plan, now we just need to get out gears ready, we’ll be traveling by way of carnasor, so they can hold a lot but over pack them and they are likely to try to eat you. These are the supplies we have access to. There is a scroll research academy in the south gate, and alchemist next door, weapons merchants are near the north gate, holy relics are in the church here, just west of the coliseum. Food and drink can be found to the east, and most important the enchanter can be found to the east on the shore near the docks. We leave tomorrow.” Nichi said “We can each get our stuff on our own so don’t wait for others to get these things. Everyone needs different supplies.”

“I’m going to need some money.” Magus said

“Me as well, I did not bring any money with me.” Malice said

Belial looked at both of them and grinned. “I don’t need anything I’ll stay here and indulge myself in the innocence of the town.”

Sicko Nichi thought as he handed both Malice and Magus a couple of hundred gold pieces. “I’m going to the enchantments store if anyone needs me.”

Malice headed to the weapon shop, Magus to the scroll shop.

Magic from scrolls, a new concept, Magus thought. He got to the scroll shop and asked to look around; he read the scrolls and realized they were not spells he had ever seen before.

“Young man, do you need help? Are you and advanced level ninja? We have very few people come in that look at the harder scripts.” The store manager said.

Ninja scrolls, no wonder they made no sense. “No I’ll be going thank you.” Magus decided may be he should go get food instead.

Malice entered the weapon shop and looked around. Out of the corner of his eye he saw a flash of black go by the window. He came outside and there stood a tainted warrior, the black crystal in his forehead gave off a creepy light.

“Those who stand again the darkness shall fall before its power.” The warrior charged drawing two large double bladed axes.

Malice dodged. a fight... Lucky him...

Last edited by ~Hidan~; 03-05-2005 at 12:34 AM.