View Single Post
Old 03-05-2005, 01:00 AM   #12

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Gracia

Magus started towards the weapon shop. He figured if he was going to get something to eat, he should see if anyone else wanted to tag along. He neared the shop and saw a big guy with two huge axes standing close by.

He felt something grab him and whisk him into the shadows. It was Malice.

"Look," whispered Malice. "He has a crystal in his forehead. Any idea what it means?"

Magus whispered back, "How would I know anyway? I'm the new guy in this world. I know almost nothing about the stuff that happens here."

Malice sighed. "That crystal feeds off all negative emotions. Heck, the more negativity there is around it, the more powerful it is. Just having an attitude could make this guy stronger."

"Have any clue how we're going to hurt him? I'm not going to go out there and play shiny-happy-hippy in front of a psycho. Any chance we can just slip past?"

Malice shrugged. "Doesn't matter. As long as he's still standing here with a crystal in his head, he's a threat to everyone. We have to take him down."

Magus slowly drew his scythe. "How do I always get stuck with the freaks who have morals?"

Malice spun out his weapons. "Let's do it."

Magus nodded. "I'd rather wait until we have demon-boy or Nichi for backup, but..." he stopped, thinking of Schala. Thinking of what she would do in this situation. "...but we can't worry about that now. We don't want anyone to get hurt."

The two of them stepped from the shadows, weapons drawn. "He said that any who stand against darkness are gonna get crushed by its power," said Malice.

Magus shrugged. "Dunno what he's talking about. It's been my experience that the darkness always loses. I guess he still has to learn that."

Malice smiled. "You'd better be careful. I'm actually starting to like you, Magus."

Magus chuckled. "You're one of the few, I guess. Let's get him."

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member