View Single Post
Old 07-01-2007, 08:26 AM   #4

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: What draws you to final fantasy and rpgs in general?

This was a very deep question for me...I'll try to give an answer worthy of such a question...

- Adventure: The BIGGEST reason I play RPGs is to get absorbed into a different world. To escape reality for a few hundred hours into a parallel universe as it would seem - with an array of baddies and bosses to fend off and pwn. I think this speaks to the heart of every man (and some women.)

- Relatability: The next reason I play RPGs....at least most, is to be able to relate to the characters and their struggles. I can remember LOVING Squall's character because I thought he was just like me when I was younger. EMO, a loner and wanted to be the best. (Its been a while, but I know that EMO and loner are right.) To explore is only one side of the coin - everyone deep-down wants to know they aren't alone in the fight...better yet - everyone wants someone to fight besides. I would love to be partnered with X's cast of characters most of all! <3

Enemy - This plays off of our spiritual side I believe. To KNOW that there is a powerful foe that is out to destroy us - and to attempt to (with every last ounce of courage and strength) to fight until the death to decide the outcome of our fate.

Endorphins - =^__^= May sound silly, but I love the 'high' you get from pwning an uber-boss or completing a challenging puzzle...etc.

....I may update this. Still doesn't seem quite accurate. But that'll do for now.

Good question Dappa!
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote