View Single Post
Old 09-13-2007, 09:51 AM   #5

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: The news is turning into propagandic entertainment

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkreno
i agree with both of you. sheesh i mean with all the problems goin on in the real world the media publicizes-(mispell maybe- i don care)- the most ridiculous crap like inside edition for example. one minute they talkin about a sad tragedy like lemme use an example here- like a fire that killed some kids. then the next minute their tryin to change the subject with something completely ridiculous like this one broad goin to college gettin fake boobs for the new school year. i mean WTF???
Yes, all of that and what dappa said is part of the point that I'm trying to make. Most news programs I wouldn't even consider to be news at ALL--such as all of the 'celebirty news' programs. Celebirties are paid to have their lives publicized, and then we get this evening/late night shit that has nothing to do with anything. When we watch this crap, it's like we're having a really strange dream, and then waking up from it to the face of REALITY. Reality is what television is truly missing nowadays (and no, not that reality TV bullshit. I would shoot myself if I was trying to support THAT.)
Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote