View Single Post
Old 04-20-2005, 05:22 PM   #22

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, The Battlefield

It began.

Demon and human clashed in battle and slaughtered each other.

Nichi stood tall, commander of the Gracians. On one side stood Aikia, the new queen of Gracia. Together they formed a figure of pure inspiration to continue the fighting.

Magus fingered the crystal Nichi had given to him. He almost took it out before having another thought. No... not Schala. I don't even know if Schala is still alive or what the hell is happening anymore. Maybe... maybe those Lavos Spawn got her. I don't know anymore. There's someone else who needs saving first.

He pulled the ball out of his pocket, thought, and gazed in...

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Valmarus's Base

Malice suddenly felt apprehensive. He could feel someone attempting to watch him, although he was bound to a pillar. He also heard Valmarus shouting orders to his commanders, but he couldn't quite make out what they were saying.

Did Nichi get the message? What's happening now? Are we winning? Losing? He struggled with his chains, trying to move around the pillar and get free.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, The Battlefield

The vision was cut off when a demon knocked the crystal out of Magus's hand. With a great bellow, the monster raised its axe, ready to bring down Magus in a single blow.

Magus looked up at the demon's face. "Oh hells no. You did not just do that." A few quick swipes later, Magus's scythe was bloodied and the demon was lying in several pieces. "That was for the crystal ball." He looked and saw several more demons marching towards him. "And these are going to be for working for the guy who has Malice. Dark Matter!"

Pure dark energy flew from Magus's fingertips, causing the demons to swell with power. In a few seconds he was pinned to the ground. Okay, I didn't totally think that one through.

Suddenly the demons were burned to ash. Magus looked up to see the giant shapeshifter demon he had fought in the previous battle. The demon cackled. "WelL JaNus... weeemeeeeetaaggaaAAAIINN!!!!"

Magus and the monster traded blows. "FooLiSh moRTal... yOu try To sAvE yoUR siSTeR noT kNOwiNG heR FAte! SHe liEs deaD noW!"

Hatred boiled through Magus's blood. Schala's dead. This thing brags about it. It knows that I am Janus... only one other thing has ever stood between me and Schala reuniting... and the last one was destroyed on Earth. This thing is going to have to go the same way.

The same feeling of anger that Magus had once felt in the dream that he had first seen Zera Shaal in came back. Darkness and hatred fused together inside of Magus. Unconciously, he lifted up his hand.

"You... disgusting creature... you killed her... you... demon... you... murderer..."

The creature laughed in delight. "DeMOn? HarDLy. I am bORn Of thAT yOU cAllED 'LaVoS!'"

"Lavos... you're... Lavos Spawn... a shapeshifter... despicable... disgusting... only Lavos... ever before... me and Schala... you... things..." His rage boiled over. "DARK FLARE!"

The monster shrieked in agony as the area around Magus was suddenly blasted with powerful dark energy. Human and demon alike nearby were destroyed. The Lavos Spawn shifted wings and flew away as it had before.

The hole in the battle caused by the magic was quickly filled by more fighters. Magus noticed Titania staring in shock at him. He stared back, never more fearful in his life. He bolted back to the castle. Nichi quickly commanded soldiers to cover the area that Magus had left open. He glanced at the castle, wondering what had made Magus kill so many both ally and enemy.

Inside, Magus flew to his room and curled up in the corner. Then, for the first time since he was separated from Schala so many years before, he began to cry.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Kain's Castle

Contrary to the Lavos Spawn's words, however, Schala was still alive. Gamma bent over her, taking the pendant off her neck. "Sleeping well, little princess? I see you've broken pieces off your necklace. A shame. It would have been easier if you'd kept it in one piece." One of Gamma's arms transformed into a threatening claw. "Now we'll have to rip your magic from you the hard way."

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member