View Single Post
Old 07-28-2005, 06:15 AM   #1
GLZidane
T-Rexuar Snack

Send a message via Yahoo to GLZidane
Final Fantasy Forever (new fan fic)

Hello FS! I'm new to the scene here and I wanted to post something that I've been working on and have been thinking hard about. This story that I've written is something of an amalgam of Final Fantasy VII-IX and other stories that I've chosen that I would think would have an impact. I'm not going to add a disclaimer because it's obvious that the characters are not mine. None of them. The only thing original about the story is the story itself. So, without further adue, I bring to you the first chapter of Final Fantasy Forever.

Final Fantasy Forever
Chapter One

"Rescue From Iifa: 4 Years Ago"

He thought he was dead. Shielding Kuja's lifeless body from the deadly roots of the Iifa Tree was the last thing he remembered doing before seeing a black and white flash in his head. Unknown to Zidane, however, impact from the Iifa Tree was not the cause of his blacking out. It was the travel to his current location that provoked the collapse.
Zidane awoke to find himself in a luxurious, yet alien room. On top of being confused about his whereabouts, Zidane also had a serious migraine. The pain of the migraine only intensified with his attempts to figure out where he was.
"(Well, at least I'm not dead)", he thought to himself.
He slowly sat up and turned to the edge of the bed, holding his forehead with his right hand. He then noticed light coming into the room. It was sunlight coming in through sliding door. He walked up to the door and thought to himself, "(What the hell is this?)"
Although the door was alien to him, Zidane wasn't that foreign not to know how to open it. He opened the door and walked out onto the balcony. Surprisingly, he saw a beautiful landscape with children playing together. Everything seemed normal except for one thing: the children had white hair and blue skin.
Through his travels, Zidane had covered every inch of Gaia, half of Terra, and even into the beyond of Memoria. Not once had he seen white-haired, blue-skinned children. He had deduced two things. One, he wasn't on ANY of his homeworlds. And ,two, he really, REALLY didn't know where he was. Confused, and slightly agitated, he re-entered the room.
"DAMMIT! Now I'm mad," he said aloud to himself. "Where there's BLUE children, there has to be BLUE adults. I'm gettin' some damn answers and I'm gettin'em now!" he vented as he stormed out of the room through the actual exit, and slammed the door behind him.
"Zidane...", an unknown voice whispered.
Zidane looked in both directions of the mechanical hallway and saw nothing but a wall at one end, and a corner at the other. He followed the path leading to the corner. "(No one toys with Zidane Tribal)", he thought as he ran to the corner.
He turned the corner and saw three directions ahead of him. Out of instinct, Zidane chose the middle path. Before he could advance, he heard the mysterious whisper again. This time, more than one. More like three or four. This startled Zidane and caused him to take a step back.
"Ok, I won't take that way," he said slightly stirred.
Once again, he heard the voices, but they came from behind him. He turned sharply and reached for his dagger. It wasn't there.
"Great!" he exclaimed sarcastically. "I'm being followed at a place I've never been and I'm unarmed. Just wonderful."
The voices called him again. "(Screw curiousity!)," he thought. He ran into the left path.
The voices kept calling him. Almost following behind him. They also came from the paths he would initially try to take. It was seemingly as if his actions were being manipulated to go in certain directions. That wasn't on Zidane's mind, though. He was just trying to escape whoever or whatever he thought was following him.
"Zidane, over here...," said a single, whispery voice. This time it wasn't assertive and threatening as the others. It was more inviting and calm. The voice called to Zidane, again. It caused him to turn his attention to a set of double doors that were to the left of him. He also noticed the other voices had stopped calling to him. Relieved, Zidane headed for the door.
Zidane approached the door with caution. He didn't know what to expect. Especially after being chased by voices. He noticed that through the cracks of the doors came a warm, green glow. Putting his ear against the doors, he listened for anything suspiscious. He heard a generator, a small one. It sounded like a pulsing hum.
"There's no way in hell a small generator can make this much light. I don't know what's behind these doors, but whatever it is I know I can handle it. It might even get me back home. Back to Dagger..."
His voice trailed thinking of her. Dagger. Garnet. It didn't matter what he called her, she was still the same person. She was the girl he left behind. He broke so many hearts, but she was different. Everything about her was different. Her hair. Her smile. Her eyes. Her song. Zidane wanted to return to it all.
"I promised that I'd come back," he said as he looked down clenching his fist. "I intend to keep that promise." He knew what he had to do.
Zidane nudged what fingers he could through the crack that seperated the automatic doors. He was unfamiliar with doors like this, so pushing them apart was his best option. And pushed he did. With all of his might, Zidane put everything he had into opening those doors. They were heavy, but he was no quitter.
"I've...gotta get...nngh, these doors...open! DYAAA!!!"
With that outcry of power and emotion, Zidane was successful in opening the doors. He was nearly blinded by the green light the greeted him. It shined throughout every hallway he was chased through, piercing every darkened area.
Almost completely falling backwards, Zidane covered his eyes so the bright, green light wouldn't overwhelm him. His eyes focused as the light died down. He was able to make out the source of the light. What he saw was awe-inspiring.
Zidane gazed in wonder upon a large, green structure. The structure was a large power battery in the shape of a lantern. It was definitely alien. He hadn't seen anything so marvelous in Gaia. Not even in Lindblum, the most technologically advanced kingdom on Gaia. All Zidane could do was marvel.
"A green lantern?" he asked himself. "What is this thing?"
"It is the Central Power Battery of this planet," a voice suddenly answered.
"Wha...? Who's there? Show yourself!" Zidane asked defensively as he looked in every direction, trying to determine where the voice was coming from.
That's when footsteps began to echo in the room. Zidane got into his fighting stance. Even though footsteps were echoing in the room, they were getting louder, which means they were getting closer. The light was getting brighter as the footsteps grew closer. A figure came into his line of vision. Zidane couldn't make out who it was. All he saw was green light and a black figure. The figure spoke in a commanding voice.
"Zidane? Zidane Tribal?! There is no need to fear me," the figure said to him.
"You know my name," Zidane began. "Who are you? Where am I? What's going on here?" he asked, trying to block the light from his eyes.
That's when the green light died down to a comfortable glow. The man came into full view, face and all. He was wearing a red robe with a green symbol in a white circle directly in the middle. This man also had white hair and blue skin, just like the children Zidane saw on the landscape. However, this man was older. Much older. Whoever this guy was, Zidane thought, he must be important.
"I am Ganthet and I have brought you to Oa, home to the Guardians of the Universe. This, Zidane Tribal, is the beginning of your destiny."
And with that said, the doors to the room slowly closed behind Zidane, cutting off the green light that had filled the building.

And there you have it folks. The first chapter of "Final Fantasy Forever"! Feel free to review it and give me whatever criticism you feel is needed. It's my first story so I need and want the feedback.
GLZidane is offline   Reply With Quote