View Single Post
Old 06-01-2006, 09:36 PM   #49

Zerlina
Chocobo Jockey

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

Titania was somewhere deep inside of herself, lost in a sea of bitterness. She no longer saw Syne- she saw Kani- and with every movement she thought that he was taunting her. Past, present, life, death- somehow everything had merged into one and was now eating away at her.

“You’ve searched for me for this long and now you can’t even catch me?” Kani taunted, moving back with ease “Have your powers left you, priestess?” he laughed, bitterly, hiding his own anger “Hm…I suppose then that the young prince ruined you!”

In a split second, he pressed forward, catching her by the collar “It would seem then that he got the death that he deserved- long…painful…” he savoured the words “I’ll never forget the way that he screamed when I drove my blade into his chest.

I made sure to twist it once…twice…three times- to make him feel the pain that I went through! That he put me through!

Llideah pulled away, pushing his hand with her own; at her very touch he flinched, his arm feeling the heat of a thousand fires. Still, he would not relent. He hid his own injury, striking her hard on the cheek with the blunt edge of his weapon. With a slight cry, she hit the ground, but her eyes still burned with rage, and before he could deliver the mortal strike, she rolled out of the way, sending up her own spell to counter him.

Kani moved back but was still unshaken “It’s a shame you went and let your guard down. The immortals will send you straight to hell for breaking your vows.”

“I’ve done nothing to disgrace the temple!” she screamed, sending up a wave of bright magic, so harsh that anyone but the dark king would have fallen at its touch “What you have done to all of us…”

“What I’ve done, I’ve done for peace!” Kani interrupted “There can never be peace without first shedding blood!”

Llideah stared up at him, her anger pulsing in her hands. She felt her body become paralyzed. There was no way to move- nothing to do but listen.

“Imagine…the world under my control! Under the power of one man!” He moved closer, a madness dancing in his strange eyes “I have…a chance… to end war forever! To end suffering!”

“No man could ever do such a thing! You will destroy us all before you can accomplish your goal!”

“If that is the case then so be it! The world will destroy itself if I do not become its ruler!

For the greater good, I must take over. Who cares if some die in the process? I will save many! And in years to come, they will build statues…temples- buildings dedicated to my memory! They will look upon me as a great man!”

”They will look upon you as nothing.” Llideah muttered bitterly, her words hitting him hard “You are a madman! Not anything to be admired!”

He struck her hard with a dark spell, his own rage now growing inside of him “You will learn for once to hold your tongue!”

“You have no power over me. Not anymore.” She laughed, bitterly, pushing him further back with an unseen magic “You cannot use me.”

Syne dodged the magic quickly, narrowly missing each attack. She needed to somehow make Titania stop- to somehow leave her unable to fight. Her heart beat quickly as her mind raced ahead, trying desperately to think up a strategy.