View Single Post
Old 01-29-2008, 02:45 PM   #3

Doctor
Highwind Captain

Send a message via AIM to Doctor
Re: Ask about...God?! ?_?

Ohhhh man..

Well, first off, if God is always watching over us, why are there still so many more people who are suffering? Does he ENJOY watching us suffer until we get to go to heaven or hell or wherever it is that we go? If I'm going to believe in him, I would like to think of him as a kind and loving lord who would do anything to end the suffering of the sick and impoverished. I'm sure that god doesn't want to have to do everything for us...he wants us to LIVE out our lives. It's one thing to say that, but it's another thing once you look at those who can't live out their lives because they suffer so much. Does God WANT the children in Africa to starve to death? Does God WANT people to die from AIDS? I don't think so. At least, I'd like not to think so.

If God is watching over us so lovingly, WHY DOES HE LET US SUFFER?

(One might argue that I'm trying to put the blame of a man-made problem on God, and that's why he isn't helping me or anyone right now. But that defeats the purpose of my arguement, doesn't it? =P )

"Matthew 15:18-20a - But the things that come out of the mouth come from the heart, and these make a man 'unclean.' For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander. These are what make a man 'unclean'"

So the heart is unclean. Then why do human beings have feelings such as kindness, thoughtfulness, love, gratefulness--and why then do we do things like help those in need, fall in love, share with each other, do what we can to protect each other and our environment...I could go on and on and on. There are so many good things about a human being that often outweigh the bad--we all just tend to focus on the bad things in the world, and it makes everything look corrupted and evil. There IS corruption and evil, I won't deny that...but we all know the cliche--good always triumphs over evil--right?

We depend on God too much. And yet at the same time, we need a miracle from him now more than ever. Will we get it? Will it be another five-hundred years or so before we even have a chance of recieving a miracle? Do miracles even exist? If the human race is so impure, so 'unclean,' do we even deserve a miracle?

Answer me that.