View Single Post
Old 10-31-2006, 01:48 PM   #21

Unknown Kaze
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Same Sex Marrige

Actually I didnt have the time to type what I actually wanted to type (if that makes sense) as Ive been bogged down with Uni assignments (I havent even logged onto the site). I wanted to come back and explain why i didnt believe in the same sex mariage. Im not a follower of Religion, but a true believer in Christ and Im one of those people who also dont believe in/do something just cos someone told me to, I like to find out if its right or wrong myself before doing /believing it.

Anyways back on topic... reasoniamalive pretty much hit the nail on the head on why I as Christian dont believe in the same sex marriage. In the Bible (Genesis 2:18 for anyone who wants to look it up) it says - "And the Lord God said, it is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him." and then couple this with what Adam said when Eve was made (in Genesis 2:24) - "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh.". - it clearly tells me there that a man should leave his mother and father and marry a WOMAN, not a man. And that is why I dont believe in same sex marriage, cos God made Adam and Eve to be one, and not Adam and STEVE.

oh and to Staircase's post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staircase
I think the bible has some things in it that aren't true, that people have passed over time. I don't think Jesus himself said that Gay marriage is unacceptable, i think it was an older Christian belief from BC when the Churches were used more as a ruling power than a church.
WTF?? thats like me saying that, as a christian, that its all right for me to drink and drive cos Jesus didnt say so. Its just common sense to know that drinking -driving aint right, and it should just be common sense that gay marriage is wrong cos its like telling God that you dont like the way he created everything and so you're going to go off and try to be god by defying his word - but thats just the way I see it.

Last edited by Unknown Kaze; 10-31-2006 at 02:05 PM.
Unknown Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote