View Single Post
Old 11-03-2006, 10:00 PM   #44

Seyluv
*Isu's Empress/Wife*

Re: Same Sex Marrige

Here is my essay, I hate how I written it, but whatever

Same Sex Marriage

Over the years, Humans have fought many wars to earn certain rights, as well as raged war to make other believed a certain way they do. From fighting for religon rights, to equal rights, and even race rights. To be treated equaly is the American Dream to many, but what is it really? As the years go by we all learn from the mistakes we made in the past. Yet there is still to this day a lot of fights and wars people are fighting. The new battle heating up in our society is the battle for Same sex marriage. Should gay people have the right to married? Can you love be about more then just about sex? Are gays treated the same as we?

An friend once told me that ? We are all people, that gays have the same rights as we. Just what the problem with them being able to marry.? Getting back to what I said early we for many years have been fighting for rights and freedom. Why now in this age are people to take the right for gays to marry. I don?t understand, we lived in America. This land we live in is supposed to be the land of freedom. We all supposed to have equal rights, just why does it really matter if you are gay or not. Another thing I don?t get is that in this land we all live in there is a law that states that no one can speak or even discuss religion in a public place or so. Anyway a lot of people in this great battle are all saying and even some politics that it is a ?Sin? for two people of the same sex to get married. That men and women are made to be together. If this is a law that no one can speak about regions then why are all these people are trying to make this debate based on regions?

"Love isn?t just sex". Love to me is being happy with the person you love, and keeping your vows true. I really don?t have a problem with any two men or females getting married. I?d rather see a gay happy couple then a straight sad couple. If they?re happy with each other and truly in love, then why not give them that right. I know we all see things differently, but just because he/she thinks it nasty for two people to be married doesn?t mean we have a right to take away their right. Love shouldn?t be decided by your race or even your sex. Love is for all people it really shouldn?t matter what you are. All that matters is that you love strongly that person you want to married.

Are gay people treated differently in our society? What do you think? Is it easy to be gay in our society? I believe that one thing gay people really bring out that is really is amazing is their courage. It?s hard these days, well in most time periods to come out and say I?m gay. To just come out and tell your parents or even your straight lover. To come out as they do is quiet amazing to me. But when they do come out, they life changes in many ways. They are looked at differently and even turn down from some things just because of their sexuality. They are not always treated equal by everyone. For example in the past wars, gays weren?t allowed to enlisted in the military. Only a few years back it they finality got that right.

It isn?t all bad being gay. Over the past years people have begun to accept same sex couples. More and more people and even famous people we grew to love have even came out and said that they are gay.. It has became more easier to come out now in our society. I hope one day to see gay people being treated equally as well as any group of people. I hope I have change you mind on the gay community. As you know now gays have fought for these rights as we. Gay people are human just as we. We all have the same rights and it doesn?t matter what you believed. We are all different and we all think and feel differently. Lastly there really isn?t no rule that can say who we can and cannot love.