View Single Post
Old 10-30-2006, 12:26 AM   #9

Staircase
Shinra Owner

Send a message via AIM to Staircase
Re: evolution- yes/no

Quote:
Originally Posted by reasoniamalive
God is the author of life. To be God - by definition - one would have to have no boundaries imposed on oneself. Therefore, nothing our finite (again, by definition) minds would be able to comprehend. My belief is that God created...matter, dark matter, x-rays, gamma rays, visible light, ocean, earth, stars, etc...whatever happened afterwards and whether or not some species evolved doesn't concern me.

What DOES concern me is that if there is NO God, that means my life has no meaning. I will have nowhere to go when I pass away - no lasting legacy. THAT is what concerns me. To know in my heart and soul that there IS a God that loved me enough to paint a background for my story with thoughts and words, to give me all I would need and could ever hope for, and to provide friends along the way: these are essential to my being. Something inside of me whispers, "There is more to life..." And I'm not talking about a 'simple' thing like what I should choose as a career path. I mean purpose...meaning. Isn't that what everyone is searching for? To know that they belong - that they matter. For the rest of us...what do you hope for? If you do not truely have a destiny, what is your life but a vapor?
wow.....

Amazing, you must get 100s on all of your essays because not only did i agree with all of that, but it was so well written it should be published. =0
I too cant believe that life is a mere coincidence. There has to be something behind all of it. But i can see where other people get their ideas from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasyFanatic
Like we all just popped out of nowhere? Please...actually the Bible quotes "born from the Earth" but whatever.
Also, i don't think if evolution is proved with humans, that it contradicts Christianity at all. I'm a Christian and i believe in evolution.