View Single Post
Old 12-28-2007, 09:33 AM   #7

Avathar
"GET YOUR NAILS DONE!!"

Send a message via AIM to Avathar Send a message via MSN to Avathar Send a message via Yahoo to Avathar Send a message via Skype™ to Avathar
Re: Meating your conscience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Although according to my faith (religiously) I believe that animals were created to help humans whether in transportation, carrying weights, or providing food, vestment and habitat from their milk, meat, and coats.

However I ask myself, what is the right choice? If it's eating meat then why limit ourselves to certain kinds while it seems wrong for others? or is eating meat morally wrong but is just accepted by the world society as a necessity?
I personally fail to see that there's anything morally wrong with eating meat, a) 'cause I don't follow any religion that even slightly forbids certain animals to eat, b) I really really can enjoy a fine dish, that happens to include meat, c) I went vegetarian once for almost a month (to support a good friend of mine who turned vegan), and I really really missed out on those specific proteins which is only available in meat products, not in surrogates.

And of course, not all nations in this world are the same when it comes to morally eating, it'll never be one whole with no differences, if you'd look at the Hindus. Everyone knows they're never going to eat a cow, 'cause divine beings according to their religion. So there really isn't a right choice to follow, because of the many cultural differences which actually goes hand-in-hand with plain morals. Believe what you want, but BRB, GOING TO EAT SOME CATTLE LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
Which is why I don't believe in eating meat at all; if people ate less meat, or no meat at all, then a lot more food could be saved, and could go towards feeding people that need it.
Good point. Thing is, I don't think it would really be that simple, if rich western people would start eating less, people suffering povity would receive more food packets ('cause of major food companies only thinking of profit, not global merit).

Quote:
But that's just all about beef...as for other kinds of meat, even though some would disagree, saying that it would help control the population of some species, I don't think we should even try to eat other animals, such as dogs and lizards and whatnot...Unless it was ABSOLUTELY NECCESSARY, eating something that was once alive and living and breathing and feeling...just, DEVOURING it, should seem morally wrong, in most aspects..it's just as cannibalistic as eating another human being.
No. Maybe I'm rather heartless then, but food is food to me, wether it be something that lives on photosynthesis or something that breaths exactly like I do, I fail to see it as cannibalistic, I see it as a logistic way of collecting all possible nutritions.

Quote:
And...did you know that, when one eats meat, such as a steak, the meat doesn't digest full for a long while...it stays in your stomach, rotting.
Odd, I really assumed that my stomach could actually digest my steak, not linger until it rots, DOCTOR, YOU MIGHT WANNA GO SEE A DOCTOR!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinra Soldier 1 View Post
I do not agree that it is morally wrong to eat animals personally, as I am an agnostic I do not see it in any negative way.
Haha, do you know what being an agnostic means? =p

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis
Now, contemplate the tuttifrutti powahs in my avatar!
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!!!
Last.fm YouTube DeviantArt Last.FM TheShrine DinoButt
Avathar is offline   Reply With Quote