Thread: help at Ozma
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2005, 03:13 PM   #2

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
Re: help at Ozma

Read the Ozma FAQ at GameFAQs. And remember, beating Ozma is always about luck, regardless of what anyone says. His attack sequence is always random. If you're out of luck, he pulls Meteor followed by Curse, and that's usually the end of it. If you're lucky, he does some crap moves (like Doomsday, you should be absorbing or at least be immune to Shadow magic), and then you can win.

The most important thing to keep in mind though, is that (if I remember correctly) Ozma cheats. Every time you do something in the battle, his time bar fills up completely instantly allowing him to act immediately after whatever you did. To counter that, you shouldn't do *anything* until *everyone's* time bar is full, and then do something with everyone *at once*. Otherwise you may end up with Ozma getting a turn after each of your characters' turns, in a worst case scenario, and that will mean your death. But read that FAQ, it will provide some useful tips

EDIT#1: And for the record, no, I haven't beaten him. I never knew that Ozma cheated, I just always thought he was insanely fast. But after reading that FAQ, I'll be damn sure to kick his ass when I get to him next time (have a game going atm).

EDIT#2: Actually, whenever you do something in the battle, Ozma's time bar will fill up and he will act BEFORE you do. This means, among other things, that Ozma will *always* get the first turn in the battle. And I found a very useful tip; enter your commands while one of Ozma's attacks are animating.. since he's attacking, his bar can't fill up, and you can safely enter commands (as long as you enter them before his attack animation ends).

EDIT#3: I just keep thinking of new stuff all the time lol. You may want to read the "Level One Ozma Challenge FAQ" at GameFAQs too, even though you're not going to attempt that. It contains some useful info too if I remember correctly
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 08-30-2005 at 03:30 PM.
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote