View Single Post
Old 07-14-2005, 04:02 PM   #42

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Verity Shrine

Malice, Magus, and the two demons walked through the halls of the shrine, looking for the stone.

"Dead men, dead men, swinging in a tree. How many dead men do you see? Tongue turned blue and face gone gray, watch them as they twist and sway. The first one killed the butcher man then cooked him in-"

"Shut up, Osirus!" growled Malice.

"Hey, I'm just trying to lighten the mood with an old nursery rhyme I heard a long time ago."

Magus raised an eyebrow. "That's supposed to lighten the mood?"

"Or scare the crap out of all of you. Both are acceptable."

Belial's fist connected with the back of Osirus's head. "Shut up or else that kid Brain won't be the only one who's dealt a blow to your crotch in recent memory."

Suddenly Magus whirled around, noticing a figure looming over him. The shadowy figure cackled. "Well, well, well. What have we here? You're... you're that girl's brother, aren't you? And... you're also Variel? How very odd!"

Magus drew his scythe. Malice and the demons turned and prepared their weapons too.

The shadowy demon laughed as a huge scimitar composed of some sort of liquid-like metal extended from his hand. "You like it? It's only held into this shape by my power. Were I to let go of it, it would simply fall apart."

Magus buried his scythe deep into the demon's chest. The blow was met by a horrific snicker. "I'll deal with you later, Variel... oh, unless you've forgotten the last time? Either way, you don't interest me nearly as much as he does. You've both decided to protect the other two... Variel and Noah... and Gadriel and Llideah... Yes, Gadriel, we've met before. You'll protect Llideah until the end, but the end will come far too soon..."

The scimitar flashed through the air, leaving a huge scar across Malice's face. Malice screamed in agony, a scream that shattered the stained glass windows throughout the shrine simultaneously.

"Feel your powerlessness, Gadriel! Suffer at the hands of Lord Kain!"

Kain. The word echoed throughout Magus's psyche. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the Dreamstone pieces of Schala's pendant that he'd found. Kain. The murderer. The one who had Schala the whole time. The one who must be allied with the Lavos Spawn. The bastard. He murdered the only one who ever loved me. The only one who ever-

The scimitar slashed Malice's face a few more times, until Malice fell to the ground. Belial and Osirus were lifted into the air and thrown against the wall. Kain raised his sword and brought it down on Malice's exposed neck.

CLANG.

The sword bounced off the magical barrier that Magus had just created to protect his friend. "Not bad, Variel. Then again-"

Lightning shot from the mage's hand, touching the bottom of the scythe in the demon's chest and being conducted into the monster.

Kain began to tremble. "How... my god... Variel... GRAH!" The energy rebounded out of Kain and launched itself back at Magus. Belial floated off the wall, still unable to control his movements. "Valmarus can deal with you idiots - trying to seal the portals," said Kain, "bah! I only need this one. But don't think Gamma won't hear about your whereabouts, Janus Zeal."

Everything turned pitch black, and by the time everything had returned to focus, Kain and Belial were gone. Osirus slid from the wall as Magus and Malice managed to slowly and painfully get off the ground. Magus grabbed the Dreamstone pieces he'd dropped, shoved them in his pocket, and trudged further into the shrine.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member