View Single Post
Old 03-03-2005, 08:57 PM   #39

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
I don't understand why ppl like Vincent so much (except that he's cool). Every character have about the same stats.. they can do about the same damage with magic and physical attacks. The only major difference between characters are their limit breaks and the power up bonus of their ultimate weapons. Vincent has the undoubtedly worst ultimate weapon in the game. You need to kill 4864 enemies with Vincent alone to have the same damage bonus on Death Penalty as Cloud has on Ultima Weapon with full HP. In other words, unless you spend literally days straight killing enemies with only Vincent, Vincent will be dealing the least amount of damage with physical attacks among all the characters (using ultimate weapons of course), almost regardless of levels.

And as for limit breaks, I really don't like Vincent's. You don't have any control over him, and he can in no way compete with Omnislash, Highwind, Catastrophe or Final Heaven in damage potential. Hell, even Yuffie's All Creation and Red's Cosmo Memory will pretty much guarantee 9999 damage to all enemies. Vincent can't compete with any of those.

Some say he's good with magic.. but any character in the game will be very good at magic with a mastered Magic Plus materia. Heck, even without it, all characters have about the same Magic stat.

Bottomline is, I will never understand what the fuss with Vincent is about. I used him throughout one of my ~10 games of FFVII, and I was very very disappointed with him. IMO Vincent ranks as the second worst character in the game (only Cait Sith is worse), and I'll never use him again. Sure he's cool and all, but he leaves a lot to be desired battle-wise, *especially* towards the end when you start equipping your ultimate weapons. Ugh.

Okay, enough ranting
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 03-03-2005 at 09:00 PM.
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote