View Single Post
Old 04-14-2007, 08:01 AM   #1

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Two down... 6 billion to go.

Wao! I've had a rough month. Yesterday, (Friday) I attended not one, but TWO wakes/visitations. My summertime boss (hotdog/ice cream vendor) passed away Apr 7th from stomach cancer and lung disease, and I also found out (Friday as well) that another wake was going to take place from one of my school m8's from H.S. who was (according to rumor) beaten to death. XO ;_;

My m8 from H.S. was a few years older than I. He was...how should I put it - a big mother trucker. 6'6" close to 300lbs, he wasn't anyone you would want to run into in a dark alley. He was often a jerk to me and high-and-mighty...but I can remember times when he was nice and stood up for me too. (I got picked on a lot in H.S. >.< I made my peace about the whole mess before he died - so I feel ok about it.

Meh boss was 1337...like a father to me. I hadn't seen him for about 6 months, and my one regret is that I didn't get to see him one last time before he passed. I miss him! T_T He was an arse to people who were pricks...but if you were lucky enough to be called a 'friend' - as I was - he showed a completely different side. Always quick to lend advice - and correct you if you were being stupid xD ... he was...unique. I'll never forget him.

This was on his card:
You are not forgotten, loved one.
Nor will you ever be.
As long as life and memory last
We will remember thee.
We miss you now.
Our hearts are sore.
As time goes by
We'll miss you more.
Your loving smile, your gentle face,
No one can fill your vacant place.

In loving memory of Robert Caesar Beatty - "Bob the Ice Cream Man" 5/1/30 - 4/7/07 <3

My heart goes out to everyone who's lost a loved one. May God heal your heart as you bring your pain to Him.

~ John ~
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote