View Single Post
Old 09-15-2005, 07:09 PM   #51

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Re: Chapter 3: In The Clouds

Normally, Malice wouldn't believe a statement like that. His mind had not been clear lately, his focus blurred. The time that had passed since entering the forest almost seemed forgotten to him, as if it had never happened. He just felt different, like a whole different person, a pawn in the grand scheme. Even his friends had been acting weird lately. Malice tried to think back to when he had first noticed the change, and then it occured to him. The last time he'd felt focused was before Nichi's death. Was the stress of leadership becoming a burden? He shook the thoughts from his head, a task which he had become far too accustomed to over the last few weeks.

Malice looked forward. Titania was looking at him with pleading eyes, tears welling within, waiting to be released. Her face bore the same sincerity that he had always seen. Titania was not a girl to pull any tricks, and if she was blindsiding them all, well then they were in trouble, because they would never see it coming.

'I...I believe you Titania,' he said, shocked that he was uttering the words. The idea sounded proposterous. Their lives were in danger? Well that was certain. They lead themselves into evil, and where evil lay, disaster struck. But there was something not right about what she had said. Something inside of him had known that information already. He quickly overshadowed those thoughts, and looked to Titania. He put on a facade, a fake smile, to try and reassure her. 'I'll watch my back Titania. Just make sure you watch yours! Thanks for the heads up.'

Titania smiled and wiped away her tears. The two stood facing eachother awkwardly, as if waiting for the other to say something, and it was Titania who finally turned and left, uttering a quick thank you.

Malice scratched his head as she disappeared into the black night. His goal suddenly came rushing back, and he dashed down the hall in search of the captain.

The captain seemed ready for his arrival. He stood, pipe lit in his mouth, facing the doorway.

'Ahh Malice, I jes' sent someone teh look for yeh,' he said, a swagger in his voice. 'I know ye're planning on headin' North, but I must ask you a small favour. I jes' got word that there's a city to the east, Ramodin. They say they're bein' overrun by enemies. I know ye've got other plans, but could ye help 'em?'

Malice was not one to say no, but he knew where their real mission lead them. We must continue North. This is a diversion. It is obvious, he thought. He looked up at the captain, who bore a manipulative twinkle in his eyes.

'Yeah,' he said despirited. 'Take us to the village.'

He turned around to leave, ignoring the captains words of praise. Sick of being pushed around, and unsure of his state of mind. He retired to his chambers.

((-Sorry if that was sketchy. I'm unsure where to go at the moment, but I felt like I should post. If theres anything you want me to change, let me know. I'm trying to build my character here a bit, because I have big plans for him soon!-))

Last edited by Mong00se; 09-15-2005 at 07:12 PM.