View Single Post
Old 04-11-2008, 02:30 PM   #12

Leon
Lugeo Spiritus

Re: The Death Penalty - Do you agree with it?

I agree support death sentence but only for killers and rapers. if you live to end people's existence then you are disrespectful to your own and should not have it

As barbaric as it may seem here's a point of view that interested me, in saudi arabia still reigns the punishment of theft by cutting the robber's hands; s.a. being a very spiritual country, their idea is that he is using god's gift for wicked work so he doesn't deserve it. so anyway, yeah i heard it's extremely effective and that s.a has one of the lowest theft ratios @ the entire world despite the fact that many shopkeepers leave their stores empty and open at prayer time

i put myself in place of a robber in that situation and what i learnned enlightened me!
here were my thoughts:
"ok, so i'm in front of an open and empty jewelry shop; what stops me from snatching just a few while no one's looking and finaly be rich for the rest of my life! but if i ever get caught that means my hands will be cut off -gulp-; no money in the world can buy me those. is it really worth the risk of living every remaining day like that? and for what price?"

then instataneously i realized the answere. and that what i would actually do is risk a more important element in my life for something so less beneath it. to hell with money, id rather find a job and live honest

*end of theory*

so there, that was what i learnned from contemplating that rule! and i want to stress endlessly that my conclusion wasnt out of fear, but wisdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy View Post
This forum will never end. I has gone through some rough times lately, but it will never be shut down!!

Last edited by Leon; 04-11-2008 at 02:37 PM.
Leon is offline   Reply With Quote