View Single Post
Old 12-30-2005, 12:54 PM   #24

Dark FFnut
Cactuar Thorn

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

The Netherrealms, The Year Infinity Minus One, Magus's Soul

So... THIS is what it's come down to? After all of that. The happiness, the sadness, going after everyone who'd harm Schala, trying to get back with her...

...and THIS is how it ends?

I should've known my life would end up a big anti-climax. And then there's also the life flashing before the eyes bit. Might as well get it over with...

Earth, The Year 12,007 BC, The Kingdom Of Zeal

Magus stood in the center of the room as people rushed about, moving at an incredibly accelerated pace. He managed to get the gist of what was going on; Queen Zeal was giving birth to her second child. Time flashed by quickly, so he only managed to get a glimpse of the child. The child's name was Janus.

Earth, The Year 12,000 BC, The Kingdom Of Zeal

A seven-year-old boy, with his pet cat following, meets a small group of people; a silent young man, a spoiled girl, an intelligent-looking young woman, a moving machine, a woman who looked like she lived in a cave, and...

...a humanoid frog. He felt a strange... connection with this frog, but he also felt something even more sinister. He walked up to the silent man.

"The black wind howls..." said Janus.

The man looked at the boy, surprised.

"...One among you... will shortly perish..." With that, Janus bolted out of the room.

They stick a sword in the Mammon Machine! Now the creature "Lavos" escapes the earth. He kills the young man Janus had just spoken to. Now a portal, everyone going everywhere, everywhen! The Gurus, Janus, and...

...Schala...

Earth, The Year 590 AD, Guardia Woods

The imps attacking. Now the big green one! Schala, Schala, he's gonna hurt me help!

Wait, no. He wants to be my friend. Call me Magus? Yay!

Earth, The Year 600 AD, Denadoro Falls

Long time no see, Cyrus. Here to get the sword that can kill me? Too bad! You're dead now, and...

...who's this?

Well, an apprentice! I needn't kill you. Instead, I think I'll turn you into a frog!

A botched spell, the young man only half transforms, retaining humanoid structure and language but frog features. He goes over the waterfall, he's not coming back!

Earth, The Year 600 AD, Magus's Castle

Damn! The frog returns, and with the sword that Cyrus was after. The spell ruined, Lavos isn't coming - how am I supposed to get revenge now? A portal, sucked in...

A man in a purple cloak, the Prophet. The Prophet decides to be there when the Mammon Machine was used, as he remembers from the last time he was in this time period. When he was the prince. The man who was with the frog, killed by Lavos? Everything happens again! Then he awakens, the man's friends, the frog reconciles, and...

...Magus joins them in their quest to...

...bring him back.

That's the first memory I want. How did we bring Crono back?

Earth, The Year Infinity, the End Of Time

The old man, Gaspar, Guru of TIme. An egg? The Time Egg! That's it! That's how we brought him back. Now... why did I want that memory? Better continue...

Earth, The Year 1999 AD, Inside Lavos

Lavos has been guiding the evolution of the world for millions of years. And now it's over. He's destroyed. We're all returning home... I release the curse on Frog, reverting him back to Glenn. Cyrus's apprentice. And now a true knight himself, with the Masamune. I go on a search for Schala through space-time.

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Gracia

Little did I know I'd be dying in this world. Oh well. Schala's supposed to be here. Nichi, Malice, Belial, Titania, Aikia... now Queen Ishia dead, Aikia takes over! Aikia leaves us and we begin to defend Gracia against the demons. The Lavos Spawn... Schala dead? Suddenly a flash, and Glenn's returned! And now Nichi stone!

That's the other memory I wanted. But... maybe there's more...

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Chimera Forest

Illusions, Brain joins us, Doreen? Doreen saves me. Titania's memories, I figure out how to defeat the monster that's killing her memories! Glenn wields Mastermune now, we leave and go north.

Palis, The Year 0 Aikia, Ramodin

That's him. Kain. The demon who killed Schala. Me and Malice. A hectic fight, ending with...

Malice. It wasn't your fault. I was reckless. You fought the way you knew best, I fought the way that I felt most fitting. I should have just stayed behind and cast magic like I usually do. That's my name, right? Magus. I shouldn't have been so close. But I've found the memories I want. Now how can I use them correctly?

The Netherrealms, The Year Infinity Minus One, Magus's Soul

"So, Magus, come up with anything?" asked Janus.

Magus looked at the young boy. "All I've got is that we could use the Time Egg to save Nichi."

Janus nodded slowly. "But what else can we do? I mean, are you sure you would want to save Nichi with it?"

Magus nodded. "Nichi, Ishia..."

"...Schala..." whispered Janus.

Magus continued. "And... me."

A slight tremble through the darkness.

What was the start of all this?
When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

Magus looked up, not daring to believe. "Is it..."

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...

Janus looked up in joy. "Schala?"

"Janus... I'm here..."

"...Schala is here for you."

Magus recognized the words. He had spoken them himself, although with the words Janus and Schala transposed, during his search for her in Palis.

With those words spoken, Magus had done something he hadn't done since the Lavos Spawn told him that Schala was dead.

He began to hope.

((When Magus's life is flashing before his eyes, you have to realize the incredible pace, hence its hectic and confusing wording of the events.))

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now,
From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then,
We loved so many, yet hated so much,
We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then, we ran like the wind,
Whilst our laughter echoed,
Under cerulean skies...

Last edited by Dark FFnut; 01-16-2006 at 02:45 PM.