View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 12:06 AM   #17

~Hidan~
Highwind Pilot

Send a message via ICQ to ~Hidan~ Send a message via AIM to ~Hidan~ Send a message via MSN to ~Hidan~ Send a message via Yahoo to ~Hidan~
Re: Chapter 4: Domination

Syne led towards the town. Kirby, Glenn and the Golem followed as best as they could. From over the wall several weaker demons jumped in and attempted an ambush on Syne and her friends with little effort they were taken down rather easy. Then from out of nowhere three demons none of them had ever seen before appeared. They stood tall and wore no armor. They had only robes on and metal bars on their fists. The golem went to attack and was destroyed in a single blow.

Syne charged the monster with her sword and swung, only to have the monster grab the weapon by the blade and bend it like it was nothing. A single blow to each of the members rendered them unconscious. They were the lifted onto the demons shoulders and they disappeared.

Syne woke up and rubber her head. “Where the hell am I?” She said at almost a whisper.

Glenn woke up as well. “This doesn’t look good.” He said looking around.

Syne looked though the bar of the cell. “Why am I all alone?”

Glenn looked a noticed it too. There was a good twelve feet between Syne’s cell and his. “I don’t know but Kirby is in this cell, he’s still out though.

Syne looked down and noticed all her clothes had been changed. She was wearing just a white robe with nothing underneath. “Hey Glenn do you still have your armor and everything?”

“Yeh they even left me my sword. Guess the figure I can’t get out of here. Not much left of your sword I’d figure.” He looked over at Kirby. “He’s still got all his stuff as well.”

“They stripped me down and took everything. Even my underwear, they have something planned for me or I’m still a threat to them. I’m not really sure.” Syne said with a long sigh.

“That’s right we do have something planned for you.” A voice said from the darkness. “We plan on killing you so that the master can gain his full power.”

“Valmarus you scum! You lowly little……” Syne said almost crying with rage.

“Yes yes yes. Poor little Syne, the spirit of the twin sister of Kani, it must be tough living through this twice in one existence.” Valmarus laughed. “You really are pathetic, letting yourself be killed a second time by your bother.”

“It’s not like I had much of a choice the first time. You let him kill me, you my husband of all people let him eat my soul so he could be stronger.” She fell to her knee’s crying. “Then you let him kill our son too.”

Valmarus came out from the shadows. A slender man with short black hair and a firm build stood there with fire in his eyes. “What are you talking about Hector is still alive and well. We just turned him into one of us.” He started to laugh violently.

“……..” Syne couldn’t speak she was so angry.

“I’m so sorry Syne.” Glenn said from the other cell as Valmarus laughed and walked out of the room. “So that’s what happened. Is there more?”

“A lot more, let me tell you.” She said as she wiped the tears away from her eyes.

730 years ago.
Kani was born along with his twin sister Isea. From very early on they both showed great promise as powerful warriors and magicians both equally as powerful as the other. Kani eventually grew to be so famed and recognized as a good person that he ascended the chain of command in Gracia until he was king. His sister married his best friend and general of his army Valmarus.

Isea gave birth to a son named Hector who also grew up to be very strong. Eventually he became one of the generals of the army as well, and only at age fourteen.

Kani, Valmarus, Kain and Bathoris, Kani’s adviser, all went in search of the lost shrine of Nichi. They found it after only three months of looking. Something brought them there, an unknown force that lead Kani right to it. When Kani returned something had changed to him and his men. They all seemed strangely more powerful then they had been and also seemed to never run out of energy.

Then Kani announced to the city that there was a great evil force forming that had to be destroyed. People began to panic and chaos ruled the city. Every able man and woman was put into arms and then subjected to a special treatment, coming out as demons.

Isea begged both Valmarus and her brother to stop but nothing she said seemed to move them. Then one day she was taken in her sleep stripped of her clothes and bound to a stone table. Valmarus was there when she woke up. The only thing he said to her was “Now our king will be invincible because of you.” Then Kani used a dark art to suck the soul out of her and then ate it. Though her body died she could still see everything that Kani did.

Kani then took Isea’s son and turned him as well into a demon. Hector became the most powerful of the demons under Kani and was also the most loyal of them.

Kani almost completely destroyed the rest of the world in a matter months. The only force that was able to hold him back was Ishia and her holy knights. Kani used the priestess Llideah to for see all the battle outcomes so that he would not loose.

Then one day Llideah and Gadriel became wiser to the fact of what was going on and joined together along with several others to kill Kani. Gadriel wanted to be the one to kill him but in the end Llideah stuck the killing blow, but not before getting cut down by Kani. They died together but Kani did not see fit to stay dead. Ishia and her Holy Knights came and destroyed Kani’s body as it started to reform. She was then announced as the new queen of Gracia. When Kani was killed his sister’s soul was released from the binding and sent far away, to be reborn as Syne. Kani’s original soul was reborn as Nichi, unknowing to his parents that he was named for the shrine that had turned Kani evil. Then there was the other soul the evil one that had attached itself to Kani’s in the Shrine of Nichi. It was reborn as Brian.

Back in the cell.

“And that’s my story.” Syne said

“My god that sounds like a rough life.” Kirby said sitting up.

“Aye lad that does sound like it’s rather painful.” Glenn said.

“Be thankful you never came in contact with Kani in battle Glenn you’ll never have memories of your past because of that. Though you did play a very important role in killing him, you gave us the keys into the castle.” Syne said

“So I played a part in this as well.” Glenn said letting out a long sigh.

“So what is it with this world, why does it bring people to it?” Kirby asked

“Very simple, during the war 700 years ago almost the entire population of this planet was killed in the war with Kani. Every single person’s soul was so destroyed by it that they were forced into different universes. Simply put the planet is calling back the people that once lived here.” Syne said “You were my cousin Kirby. You lived in a village on the other side of the planet from here.”

“I see.” Kirby said looking pleased. “And somehow all the people that were related to this mess have been pulled into this war, it’s very interesting.”

“Exactly.” Syne said “There are over 50 people coming to this world every day.” She said as she started making a ball with her hands. “Imagine a planet. Now a normal life sustaining planet is usually only twenty-five thousand miles in circumference, this planet is over half a million miles in circumference. The population of this planet is so high that this could take forever to repopulate the planet normally. So it has to do this to bring back balance to the planet.”

“I get it now, thanks.” Kirby said.

“Well I don’t know about you too but I’d sure like to know what happened to the others.”

Meanwhile Osirus and Belial had been fighting as hard as they could against the demons forces. But with the help of a binding stone they were caught. Unable to move out of the range of the bind stone until the controlling stone was destroyed, so they played poker.

Malice fought on not noticing that the rest of his friends had been caught.