View Single Post
Old 11-08-2005, 11:44 PM   #19

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Re: Chapter 4: Domination

Kain drew his silver sword, a secondary weapon, from the scabbard at his side. His walked up to Magus, laughing as he watched the fallen warrior struggle and twitch in pain. He put one foot on the dagger, and Magus winced in pain. He pushed down, and Magus let loose an immense groan. Kain readied his sword, and with one stab, pierced Magus' heart only millimetres from the entry wound of the dagger. Magus let out one last breath before his soul escaped his body to join those of the soldiers lost in the gruesome battle.

Kain stood back as Malice rushed to Magus' side. For as much of a villain as he was, he relished in the kill, and the sight of another doomed soul looking for comfort in his dead companion amused Kain. Malice reclaimed his dagger from Magus, the body twitching as he did so, causing Malice to wince in disbelief. Malice slowly turned to Kain after a minute of silent mourning, and looked up. Tears streamed from his eyes, cleansing him of the dirt that had gathered from days of endless fighting.

"Oh Vayu, goddess of the winds, I am your humble acolyte. Your thoughts are mine to indulge, your spirit mine to guard, and your desires mine to fulfill. I ask you today to grant me a great strength so that I may vanquish a terrible evil. Your troubles will not be in vain, my lady."

The sky quickly became cloudy, blocking out the trecherous sun. The wind picked up, growing so great that the demons standing in the town could not just stand their dumbly without being blown away. Even Kain fought the wind as it buffeted his body. Kain looked at Malice, his hand over his eyes shielding them from the wind. Malice stood crouched, on one knee. He held the dripping dragon dagger at his side, and he summoned the snake dagger from the dirt only yards away to his hand. Malice slowly got up, keeping his composure, and looked at Kain. Without making the speech that Kain had made, Malice attacked.

The presence of the wind only strengthened him. He shot forward at an exhilerating speed, slashing forward with his left hand. Kain blocked the shot, and reached forward, trying to catch Malice offguard. Malice became one with the wind, his essence dissipating to ride the gale, and he reappeared behind Kain. Kain, astonished, spun around with a slash of his silver sword, but the blow was easily parried by Malice. The other dagger came down, tearing a gash in Kains armor, but not piercing it. Kain backed up one pace, giving himself ample room between himself and the forsaken Malice.

Malice sheathed his daggers, and again became one with the wind. He could feel the air inside him. He was not just hiding this time... he was the wind. He shot forward, reappearing in front of Kain, and landing a square punch to his chestplate. Again, Malice dissappeared, this time returning to his form behind Kain. With a quick sweep of his leg, Malice took Kain's feet out from in front of him. Kain never hit the ground. Summoning the power of the ever increasing winds, Kain stayed afloat. Malice warped in and out of his god-like state, connecting blow after blow on Kain. finally, Malice appeared from the sky, from the same direction that the sun had pierced his gaze, and he flew dow towards Kain. His foot connected with a bare piece of Kains armour, and there was the distinct sound of a rib cracking as Kain hit the ground with a thud.

Kain looked up frightened as Malice landed beside him. "Please, please, don't," he pleaded. But Malice's eyes were glazed with an unparalleled fury. A dagger raised from out of its sheath, appearing over Malice's shoulder. In a split second, the dagger flew towards Kain, pinning him to the ground as it pierced his armour, continuing into his heart. Kain slumped as the dragon dagger claimed a new home.

Malice snapped out of his trance, and the wind subsided. He slowly walked over the Magus, without paying heed to any of the demons that still stood statuesque. He picked up Magus' body, and carried it into the castle, leaving the dagger marking its place in the very heart of Kain.