View Single Post
Old 02-27-2005, 01:43 PM   #2

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Earth, The Year Infinity, The End Of Time

"You know something, old man, tell me what it is now!" shouted Magus. He picked up the old man and threw him across the floating block. "Schala isn't anywhere in time, I've checked. I've been everywhen, and I can't find her. Something happened to her with Lavos. I want you to tell me NOW!"

The old man got up and brushed himself off. "Magus... Janus. I don't know where or when Schala is. I don't..." The old man got a face full of fire.

"Don't piss me off, Gaspar. You're the Guru Of Time. You of all people would know what happened to Schala," said Magus. "She vanished after Lavos appeared in the Ocean Palace. Tell me how to find her. Now."

Gaspar shook his head. "Very well, Janus. She went through a different portal - one that led to another world. The portal was only open for a split second, but it opened again years later, for a few more seconds."

Magus grabbed Gaspar by the neck. "My name is Magus. Do not forget that, old man. Now, where and when will this portal appear?"

Gaspar shook his head. "After the incident in 12,000 BC. It was in the hall of the Mammon Machine. That's when Schala went through. It only reappeared at 1:24 PM on The Day Of Lavos. Right where Lavos broke the surface."

Magus did some quick temporal calculations in his head. "You do realize that gives me about half a second to get to the portal before Lavos blocks it, right?" Gaspar nodded. Magus thought for a bit more. "And then in this other world, I'll appear almost fourteen thousand years after Schala showed up. How am I going to find her then? I doubt that this other world has such permeable time as ours does."

Gaspar shook his head. "Ja... Magus, don't worry. I've been keeping tabs on that portal. The way time bends around it, going through it in 1999 AD won't send you very far ahead compared to going through in 12,000 BC. I'd say a maximum of a week's difference in the other world. It may be fourteen thousand years here, but it's only a week's difference there."

Magus nodded thoughtfully. "Seven days. She can't be in too much trouble in seven days." He walked over to a bucket, turned toward Gaspar, and gave a gracious bow. "Farewell, O Wise Guru, I shan't see you again until I return with Schala."

The Guru gave a small chuckle. "Just so you know, you should arrive at the beginning of the 699th year of Ishia. Keep that in mind if anyone mentions the date or Queen Ishia or something.

Magus turned back to the bucket and stared at the depths. He felt himself get whisked away through time...

Earth, The Year 1999 AD, The Day Of Lavos

Magus flew out of the Time Gate and started heading to the break point - where Lavos would pierce the surface. He also had to make sure that Crono's team didn't see him trying to get through the portal when they battled Lavos. Hidden in a nearby tree, Magus heard Robo's robotic voice, "1999 AD! At 1:24!"

Magus shot out of the tree at the portal that had just appeared in the air. At the same instant, the ground split open as the giant spiked shell of Lavos began to rise out from the core. Molten rocks fired into the air. Magus veered out of their way, still focused on the portal. He increased his flying speed to the absolute maximum. He reached the portal just as the topmost spike of Lavos's shell managed to reach there as well.

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Just Outside The Walls Of Gracia

Magus was thrown violently through the portal and slammed into the ground. He had a huge gash on his chest from where Lavos's spike tore at him as he flew through the portal. A dragon slowly circled overhead, descending towards Magus's prone form. With his last ounce of strength, Magus pointed at the dragon and whispered the words, "Black Hole." The dragon was suddenly enveloped in an orb of darkness, which slowly closed in until the dragon had vanished. Magus understood how lucky he was - that spell rarely worked, especially against things more powerful than generic soldiers or goblins or the like. Magus finally noticed the huge gash on his torso. He swore loudly and promptly passed out.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member