View Single Post
Old 03-04-2005, 12:29 AM   #10

Mong00se
Moogle Farmer

Nichi had been dreaming his same old dream. It statred the same and it climaxed the same every night. Though this time, as he neared its torturing finish, he was snapped out of slumber by a strange tapping. He stared at the ominous figure that cast its shadow upon him, and he gasped. Nichi hadn't been scared of anything for a long time, but something about this figure chilled him to the bone.

"What is your business here?" Nichi asked sternly, hand on sword.

A chuckle escaped the mans throat, but he did not answer. His cane still tapped rhythmicly on the stone floor.

"I said what is your business here!" Nichi commanded again in a short burst of anger which even surprised himself. The elevated command woke the others from their slumber.

Malice opened his eyes and looked around, not dreary from sleep, but instead fueled by the fright in Nichi's voice. Before he was sitting up, he had his dagger up in the air, and with a twirl he came to rest it on my palm, towards Nichi, the origin of the sound. He saw Nichi, almost frozen as he looked toward the door. Malice drew his attention to the door, and suddenly realized what had frightened Nichi.

He was covered by the shadows, but the candles flicker illuminated his face. He wore a sharp, piercing smile, and his eyes glowed the same look of contempt. Another thing that caught Malice's eye was the cane. The character tapped it along the ground at intervals, creating the same effect as a hypnotic chant. He was dressed in black clothes, only adding to his mystery.

The man looked sheerly evil, but Malice didn't squander. He put forth a determined look, and drew his other dagger. If it was a fight we wanted, it was a fight he was going to get, and Malice didn't intend on losing.

Nichi exploded in anger. The rapping from the cane seemed to be driving him to insanity. "WHAT BUSINESS DO YOU HAVE HERE? ANSWER ME OR TASTE STEEL." Veins popped on Nichi's head, and Malice noticed he was out of breath. A cold sweat ran down his forehead.

By this time, Magus was awake. He sat up in the natural post-sleep groggy daze, and held his head as he regained his bearings. He looked toward the man, but certainly didn't seem to take much notice of him.

"Are you scared yet?" he mocked, perfectly still besides the motion of his cane.

"What are you doing here?" Nichi asked again.

"I will not justify myself to you little man. You have not seen your share of battles to know what it is like to wander eternally. And yet you still act as though you would sacrifice everything you know to bar my path. You have not seen the flesh of burning bodies, heard them scream as they are incinerated. You have not seen the torture that is induced on people through the deceit of humans. I have seen these things, and I know you do not have what it takes to strike me down. But do not take me lightly, for if you intend on making me suffer, then you will experience a world of pain. Put away your swords, for it is not a fight I ask for." He remained cool.

Magus, now listening intently, added, "then what do you want?"

The tapping stopped.