View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:19 AM   #2

Phoenix Flame
Go Umbarbar do my bidding

Send a message via MSN to Phoenix Flame
Re: New Playthrough =}

I'm in the Calm Lands now - I must have powerleveled on the Bevelle bridge for about an hour (without Kimahri - he's holding-off Seymour, remember?)

Everyone's almost done with their section of the sphere grid, and Kimahri's already at the Level 3 lock by Holy...with several sphere levels to spare. He's actually my second strongest fighter - tied with Wakka behind Auron. All in all I liked how I went about this playthrough...as far as skill distribution went.

Tidus - At first I was going to get Provoke and then backtrack to Steal (which I did in a previous playthrough) - but I didn't like that idea so I just let him go through the grid normally, when I get through with the Ronso battle I'll open his Lvl. 3 lock by Quick Hit and go through Yuna's, stopping at Steal. Then go through Rikku's. I'll probably get him over to Wakka's and then Auron's in preparation for sphere grid maxing.

Lulu - Straight mage. This suited her best I think. After I unlock Doublecast and nab Flare, its off to Yuna's Holy and then up through her grid. A quick stop at Steal, then through Rikku's (because she's dreadfully slow - slower than Auron.) After completing Rikku's grid I'll Return Sphere her to Yuna's where I'll go as far as Hasteaga and then probably jump her to Kimahri's small portion in prep. for grid maxing.

Auron - His, Rikku's, Yuna's, Auto-life, then Tidus' and finally, Wakka's grids prior to grid maxing. Upon getting a second Skill sphere, I'll teach him mug.

Wakka - His, Auron's, Tidus', Rikku's...Kimahri's in prep. for grid maxing...I'm beginning to see a pattern here. I also taught him Mug via a Skill sphere (Al Bhed Home.)

Yuna - Her's, got Steal and a couple of attribute + sphere's in Rikku's area, then back on her's until Holy. Wait until Lu gets Doublecast, then I'll Friend over to her area while Lu Teleports to Yuna's. After I go most of the way through the heavy stuff in Lu's I'll go to Rikku's and then to Kimahri's and up into either Tidus' (probably), or Wakka's or something. Her Strength won't be very important until much later - during grid maxing.

Rikku - Easy... Her's, wait for Auron to get Entrust and then switch places with him - go through Auron's and into Wakka's, then into Kimahri's and - finally, Lu's after Ultima (pretty sure anyway.)

Kimahri - as outlined above.

I think this will be my pathways on any future playthrough as well. It creats a nice party flow through most of the beginning and mid-game through to sphere grid maxing. Auron, Tidus, Kimahri and Wakka handle whatever physical attacking I need to do - while Lu pwns with magic and Yuna is either tanking w/her Aeons or playing as 'Cleaning Lady' summoner. XD Its sweet. x 3
You only get one shot at life. Follow your heart.

Last edited by Phoenix Flame; 07-08-2009 at 09:26 AM.
Phoenix Flame is offline   Reply With Quote