View Single Post
Old 03-10-2005, 07:32 PM   #22

FFnut
Master Thief

Location: The space between dimensions... kinda like where Gilgamesh ends up in FF5.
Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Somewhere

Magus looked up at Belial. "What makes us evil?" he asked. "I wish I knew the same thing. I was considered evil back in my world. I simply wanted revenge on a monster for..." he trailed off, then realized that he was thinking too much again. "...anyway, I began to lead a war while trying to summon the monster at the same time. Some of my enemies found out that I was summoning a creature that would destroy the world later. They confronted me, challenging me while I was summoning the monster. At the time, I did not know that this monster would destroy the world in almost fourteen hundred years. They were confused - they thought I created the monster, whereas I merely summoned it from the depths of the earth. Later I joined them. But what makes us evil? In my case, it was keeping a dark secret. I wanted vengeance, without explaining my intentions." He looked around, making sure that Nichi and Malice were further ahead. He lowered his voice. "And if you don't tell Nichi what's going to happen to him before it happens, you'll be considered just as bad."

Belial's eyes widened. "Interesting. I'd never thought of it that way. Still," he muttered, glancing at Ensayne who was also flitting about nearby, "I think we'd better hold off for a few days. There may be a way to fix him, in which case, why bother making him anxious?"

Magus nodded, and suddenly gasped. He hopped off his mount and grabbed a small red rock on the floor, examining it.

Nichi and Malice turned around and rode back. "What is it, Magus?" asked Malice.

Magus picked it up, examining it. "I think it's Dreamstone," he said, "but it's from my world, not this one. There's only one way any Dreamstone could have made it here; either with me, but I didn't have any, or from... the pendant..." He closed his eyes and gripped the rock piece tightly.

Palis, The Year 698 Ishia, Somewhere

Rain splatted against the desert ground. Heavily armored boots trudged through the muddy ground, leading a dragon with a young woman on its back. She sat up on the dragon's back groggily. The soldier turned and slapped her. The force from his slap threw her pendant from her neck, and it shattered on the ground. She jumped off the dragon to collect the pieces - she had all except one safely hidden in her cloak before the soldier slapped her into unconsciousness again. He hoisted her back onto the dragon and continued trudging down the path. The small stone remained on the ground.

Palis, The Year 699 Ishia, Somewhere

Nichi, Malice, and Belial all leaned towards Magus's face. Magus's eyes suddenly snapped open, the red in them gleaming. He grabbed Nichi by the front of his shirt and pulled him close. "When's the last time it rained here?"

Nichi shook his head. "What kind of question is that?"

Magus's grip tightened. "Answer! When did it last rain?"

Nichi shrugged. "A little over a week ago, at best guess."

Magus let go of Nichi and sank to the ground. "A week. A week. We'll never...' He suddenly stood up, his eyes looking out into the distance. He closed his eyes and breathed deeply. He opened his eyes again. "The black wind howls..." he whispered, although he was too quiet for anyone else to hear. He walked over to his mount. "Come on! We'll never crush the next crystal standing around like this!" He rode off as fast as possible, the others close behind.

"Only an egotistical bastard would sig himself." ~ FFnut

That is not dead which can eternal lie
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Commander Of The Platinum Dragons

Official Ex-Member