View Single Post
Old 05-13-2005, 04:01 AM   #6

ShadowHeart
Master Summoner

Send a message via MSN to ShadowHeart
That won't work against Ruby IMO. Ruby has the single highest defense in the game. Have you ever tried using regular attacks or limit breaks on him? I have.. you will miss almost every hit, and if you do hit, you will do pathetic damage compared to what you do against normal enemies and bosses.

I once tried the All Lucky 7s trick against Ruby. The character doing it will hit the enemy 64 times for 7777 damage each. But I can't remember a single one of those 64 attacks connecting.. maybe a handful actually connected, but I think every single one missed Ruby.

What it comes down to is.. if you want to kill Ruby Weapon with attacks and limit breaks, you basically need to max out your strength and have a very high attack %. And that's not worth the time and effort IMO..

This is what I always do against Ruby:

Put a Mime or Master Command on each character, so that everyone has the Mime command. One character gets W-Summon, KotR and Hades (or W-Summon and a Master Summon materia, if you have one). One character gets Phoenix if you didn't put a Master Summon on someone. That's all you need. I always fill up the rest of the materia slots with materia that I want to master (you do get 50,000 AP for beating Ruby and Emerald, I don't see a reason to let it go to waste), and usually have Double or Triple growth weapons on everyone (to get the most out of those 50,000 AP afterwards). Just leave enough slots for HP Plus materias so you'll have 9999 HP on everyone.

Enter a battle with some weak enemy and kill off everyone except the character with Phoenix, and finish the battle. Save your game ^_^. Enter battle with Ruby. As soon as he puts his claws in the ground, cast Phoenix to revive the other 2 characters. Now, have the character with the W-Summon materia summon Hades and KotR in one turn, and Mime with the other 2. Hades will cause Stop on Ruby, preventing him from countering KotR (if he's not stopped, he will automatically counter KotR with Ultima). Now you just need to keep miming until the battle ends. Easy.

This has worked against Ruby every time for me, and with Double/Triple growth weapons and the huge AP bonus from both Ruby and Emerald I always have every materia (except maybe KotR) mastered at least once after those 2 fights.

Oh and I should say that this will only work if you have the battle mode on Wait or Recommended. If you have it on Active, Ruby will always wake up during KotR because it takes so damn long (with Active, time never stops in battle).
Memories will fade

Last edited by Shadowheart; 05-13-2005 at 04:05 AM.
ShadowHeart is offline   Reply With Quote