View Single Post
Old 03-30-2005, 01:36 PM   #1

Spiff
Kung-Fu Fighter

Send a message via AIM to Spiff Send a message via MSN to Spiff
What are you doing behind the wheel?

In Michigan, the government says that driving is a privilege that can be taken away at any time because of abuse. While I agree that abusing that privilege, such as drunk driving, is grounds for a suspension or even a revoke, I have a problem with the ideology behind the privilege idea. (1) About a year ago my uncle sold a car to a handicapped person who could barely walk, he was worse (maybe a crack baby) but to get down to it he didn't look like he should be driving. What do you know, he had a license to drive, his motor functions have to be about zero yet he's allowed to drive.

(2) A handicapped man backs over his own mother, kills her and three months later is released because it turns out that he can't always control his muscles. Get this though, as he left the court building he was given his lincense back. Here you go kill someone else because we really can't stop you. :mad:

I guess I'm just a little upset right now about this issue but COME ON they just sent a man to prison for doing the same thing but he wasn't handicapped. When it comes down to it, since driving is a privilege not a right why is the government creating dangerous situations on the road. I don't know about anybody else but nowadays I'm a little bit more nervous on the road.

So, What does everyone else think, should you not be given a driver's license because you have a handicap?
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote